• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 8.1.1 - install - firewall - dns - ports

bskrakes

Basic Pleskian
FC6 - Plesk 8.1.1 - install - firewall - dns - ports

Hi there,

Ok so I am new to having my own server and hosting Plesk. I used to have a virtual dedicated server but now I bought my own and am hosting out of my home.....

1) When I am installing Plesk and it prompts me for the network install I don't know what to do? I usually go with default, I have no proxy but I am behind a router firewall - what do I need to do?

2) Once installed (this may be related to the first problem) I get my local machine IP settings rather than my static IP, I know I can change it through Server >> DNS settings - but shouldn't I be able to program my IP address into Plesk?

3) What are all of the ports Plesk requires to have open?

Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Alright since no one seems to have the answers I need I will answer my self... thanks to Plesk Support here are some answers to my own questions, I hope they will help others:

Using Fedora Core 6 Plesk 8.1.1

1) PSA firewall issue - it can and should be resolved by the Plesk CP. Login go to modules and then edit configuration then click activate, your done.

This link will give you the required ports should you be behind a router:
Plesk Forum Link: http://kb.swsoft.com/article_16_391_en.html

2) HTTP ERROR [7] - this error on my system is caused because Dr.Web boots before the Plesk CP does, Dr.Web is looking for Plesk CP to be started. After some tests and help from Plesk Support we have found the service is running and that there are no problems.

This link helps with this error:
Plesk Forum Link: http://kb.swsoft.com/article_122_1658_en.html

3) DNS settings - still dont have an answer but through the administration guide you can figure out how to configure your server should you be behind a router - pretty straight forward but I thought there could be more ways.

Good luck!

Back