1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk 8.1 Update: RBL update fails

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by detach, Apr 17, 2007.

1. detach

detach Guest

After updating to Plesk 8.1, I encountered the following problem when trying to update "Trend Micro RBL+ Service"

Unable to update superserver configuration file: MailMng->setMapsProtection() failed: mailmng failed: mailmng: popen_exec: command failed code: 1 , 
    ERROR while trying to check the hostname
    Check the error reason(see log file: /tmp/psa-rblmng-script___reconfiguration.log), fix and try again

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/cmd_rbl.php:51
    rbl_configure(string 'true', string 'relays.ordb.org;bl.spamcop.net;sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org;dnsbl.sorbs.net;rhsbl.sorbs.net')
    1: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/server/mail.php3:158

in /tmp/psa-rblmng-script___reconfiguration.log:

START psa-rblmng-script-- installing AT Tue Apr 17 17:25:26 SGT 2007

ERROR while trying to check the hostname

STOP psa-rblmng-script-- installing AT Tue Apr 17 17:25:26 SGT 2007

2. detach

detach Guest

This is bizarre. I've fixed it. Wrong IP address entry in /etc/hosts caused the problem.

The old IP was left over from a move... which has never caused any problems until this upgrade.