• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 8.3 Migration Issue

T

tobaria

Dear Friends:

We have been trying to migrate from and old machine using plesk 8.3 to another machine using plesk 8.3 but its been a nightmare because we always get errors like this:

-------------
domain xxxxxxxxx.com

Failed deployment of database salto (domain xxxxxxxx.com)

Execution of /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/cid_unpacker /var/usr/local/psa/PMM/var/2008-01-30-11.17.49.050352 failed with return code 1.
Stdin is
db
---------------------
domain xxxxxx.com

Execution of /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/domadmin.php --update tucicla.com -passwd -multiple-sessions true -status false -allow_ftp_backups false -allow_local_backups false -manage_anonftp false -manage_crontab false -manage_dns false -manage_ftp_password false -manage_log false -manage_maillists false -manage_phosting false -manage_quota false -manage_spamfilter true -manage_subdomains false -manage_webapps false -manage_webstat true -country CO -locale es-ES failed with return code 1.
Stderr is
Wrong syntax for option's '-locale' parameter

------------
client nnnnnnn
domain xxxx-xx.com

Execution of /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/maillist.php --update-service xxxx-xx.com -status enabled failed with return code 1.
Stderr is
Mailing list support is not installed or not properly configured.

---

Any idea or suggestion in order to fix it?

Thanks

Miguel

Search the forum for mysql and max_allowed_packet - basically I've posted an answer to this somewhere. Mysql won't allow you to import data larger than a certain size by default, and this is likely to be what the migration deployment is choking on. By modifying my.cnf to allow a larger size (e.g. add max_allowed_packet = 16M in the main section) then restarting mysqld it should work. This is assuming your problem isn't something else.

Hi,

I met this problem since plesk 8.1

the solution was to go to plesks server section and choose a master password for the mailman. This , of course if mailman is installed.

no mailman

mailman isnt installed on my vps, so how i can use migration service?

Back