• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 8.3

I had 8.2 installed. The 8.3 upgrade showed up when I clicked on the Updater icon.
So I upgraded tot 8.3. What a nightmare...

Now the error log (/usr/local/psa/admin/logs/httpsd_error_log) shows the following error:
[Sun Dec 23 04:04:58 2007] [Plesk] ::init
[Sun Dec 23 04:04:58 2007] [Plesk] sesion type is
[Sun Dec 23 04:04:58 2007] [Plesk] Checking session type 1

This happends every time when someone logs in and with every action in the control panel.

About one hour after that, the server hangs. http fails, ftp fails, plesk fails. Whe I log in thru ssh, I get a input/output error.
I have to reboot the server (apc) to get it running again.

Does anyone knows how to rollback to the previous version (8.2).
The updater shows: no releases available.

The server runs on Linux CentOS 5.

Thanks.

lol hostinguy you are a dreamer, i tell you they dont give a **** about you. the only possible reason for them to have pulled plesk 8.3 is some major bug... but you can still download the whole package though from http://www.swsoft.com/en/download/plesk83/ ...

That may be your expirience, but I talk to their CEO on a frequent basis, so they do care about what I have to say or they would not continue to have our discussions.

Installed Plesk 8.3 with fresh CentOS 5.1 with no problems. I did have to create a .autoinstallerrc file though.

Is it updating?

I updated originally to 8.3 about 3 days ago with no issues.
Then it got pulled.
Then it came back.
So, I tried to update again as some files appeared to have been changed.
Now, I get error messages (on 3 different VPS) saying

Error: Installation could not be started: Failed to check whether a new license key is available.
The installation will not continue.
Not all packages were installed.
Please, contact product technical support..

Is it general? Me? My hosting company?

Server crashed during upgrade

My server crashed while the upgrade was being downloaded + now all sites are showing the default Fedora Core splash screen + plesk admin is unavailable. I can ping, log in to SSH and the psa error log is showing:

Downloading the file PSA_8.3.0/thirdparty-rpm-FedoraCore-6-x86_64/thirdparty-8.3.0-fc6-x86_64.hdr.gz: 68%..100% done.
Downloading the file PSA_8.3.0/update-rpm-FedoraCore-6-x86_64/update-8.3.0-fc6-x86_64.hdr.gz: 24%..44%..63%..83%..100% done.
Downloading the file PSA_8.3.0/dist-rpm-FedoraCore-6-x86_64/build-8.3.0-fc6-x86_64.hdr.gz: 25%..57%..91%..100% done.
Determining the packages that need to be installed.
[Thu Dec 27 09:35:46 2007] [notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down

I guess I need to restart the upgrade process via SSH - anyone can advise how to do this?

Thanks,
Charles

Then it got pulled.
Then it came back.

Is it general? Me? My hosting company?

As a workaround you can use autoinstaller from console (/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller). It will say something like "Warning: your license key for the base component cannot be upgraded." Do you want to continue?
It's just a cosmetic warning
just type "Yes" and the update will be installed.

The bug is reproduced only in 8.3.0-Base component -> 8.3.0-Base component update from CP.
Fixed autoinstaller will be publicly available soon.

Thanks, dash. Although I could backup my entire server, I'm a little nervous of doing this if there's an official fix due soon. I may try on the 'quietest' of my VPS now, although laziness may win the day and I'll just wait.

Thanks for the workaround anyway.

heh, i always use the console script, but was scared of the message. good to know it works anyway, i will try later tonight ;)

unable to install the new distrib

Then it got pulled.
Then it came back.

Same problem to me unable to install the new package throught the updater :(

Failed to check whether a new license key is available.

"Failed to check whether a new license key is available."

I also have this same problem. I upgraded; then it disappeared; now it looks like there are more updates but when I try to update I get this message.

To compound problems watchdog is playing up reporting disk threshold reached when it has not been.

just ignore that message, the packages will upgrade fine and plesk will continue to work anyway...

It wouldn't let me ignore the message in Plesk control panel; it prevented the install. But I managed to install from the command line as the previous poster suggested and this has fixed it. Thanks for your reply.

However, there are panels that are worse than Plesk (H-Sphere to name one).

Can you please state why you think that h-sphere is worse? From what I know of both Plesk and H-Sphere. H-Sphere is cheaper than Plesk and more featured (comparable with HSPcomplete). Actually Plesk and H-Sphere can not even be compared, H-Sphere is a complete web hosting automation platform. It can even manage dedicated servers.

Its ok. We are all human :) Now that SWSOFT bought the company which is producing H-Sphere, we can perhaps expect even better support and development for H-Sphere.

Back