• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 8.3

H

Hal9000

Does anyone know which new features will be included in Plesk 8.3 for linux?

Originally posted by Hal9000
Does anyone know which new features will be included in Plesk 8.3 for linux?

Hi, Below is an approximate list of expected features:

Feature Name Platform

#Firewall ports ranges for passive FTP Unix
#bw_mod supporting Unix
#AWStats domain report improvement Unix
#Submission port support Unix
#APS siteapps upgrade Unix/Windows
#APS siteapps licensing Unix/Windows #SSO SAML Unix/Windows #SSO branding Unix/Windows
#windowid transfer (SSO) Unix/Windows
#Components update Unix/Windows
#DB event handler and API Unix/Windows #Admin PHP upgrade Unix/Windows

how uninteresting...
what about some more useful stuff like suphp, the long-promised postfix, srv dns records, just to name a few...

Interesting

Nice joke, postfix jajaja.

Why dont you just add ClamAv on your request to make it even more funny.

Im sorry im sarcastic but Sw Soft will not ever implement a free antivirus since it competes against the paid ones. Its not about users choose but money.

Most panels already have ClamAv, Postfix etc.

It wonders me that Sw Soft implemented SpamAssasin in a first way in not a paid service.

Sw Soft talks allot about open source and software integration but on the real world they dont care about what users want or say just what can bring them more money.

This concept is the one most Plesk users have from Sw Soft even me.

Thats why Cpanel will always remain as leader.

Because they hear users. I think if you look the old forum we where requesting Clam Av and Postfix from more then 2 years now.

My bad i already have my servers with plesk, if i had knew this i would have invest in Cpanel to automated my company, i cannot even start to mention how much business i have lost because Plesk is a very abnormal panel.

They want us to force to us Virtuozzo, They put ads everywhere. The panel is absolutely not brandable in any way, it seems more like a Free panel with the SW Soft name all over it and then it only supports paid modules, paid services, paid everything, You even have to pay for free things like SpamAssasin.

Gladly Cpanel has opened a Hot Line for transfer so bye, bye here goes a 5 year customer.

Even ISPconfig the free panel is ever. All they do is launch new useless bug fixes, not any usefull function or users request.

the long-promised postfix
Ah yeah, I hope that it's implemented, like was promised for the previous version

They want us to force to us Virtuozzo, They put ads everywhere. The panel is absolutely not brandable in any way, it seems more like a Free panel with the SW Soft name all over it and then it only supports paid modules, paid services, paid everything, You even have to pay for free things like SpamAssasin.
I know, it's rediculous!
However, there are panels that are worse than Plesk (H-Sphere to name one).

Plesk 8.3 is out! Its available in the updater, going to update now on a dev machine and see what happens :p

Disappointing

Threw it on a production server just now... nothing interesting, time to change back to cpanel as soon as i get the chance... where's things like having fastcgi php and suphp support in the control panel? come on guys, you have to be able to do better than this for a linux control panel :(

suphp you can do yourself, you dont need the cpanel to do that for you. fastcgi is there, php is there and running php as a cgi is horrible anyways.

The bw limiting module and awstats fix is a nice touch, but I think that could have been a patch instead of a new release.

Changelog
1. [+] Single Sign On (SSO) SAML
2. [+] Application Packaging Standard (APS) Licensing & Upgrade
3. [+] Autoinstaller 3.3
4. [+] mod_bw support
5. [+] Kaspersky Antivirus (KAV) statistics
6. [+] Firewall ports ranges
7. [+] Improved Sitebuilder Integration
8. [+] AWStats domain report improvement
9. [+] Submission port support
10. [+] Components update
11. [+] Native IMAP quotas support
12. [+] SRV records management
13. [+] API for managing subdomains
14. [+] API for managing protected URLs
15. [+] API for retrieving mailbox usage
16. [+] Underscores in DNS
17. [-] A lot of bugs were resolved.

Plesk 8.3 - What's New
http://www.swsoft.com/r/pdfs/Plesk/plesk83_whatsnew.pdf

11. [+] Native IMAP quotas support
12. [+] SRV records management

nice :) i will upgrade in some minutes ;)

Not too much in this upgrade, but the Awstats update is nice to have.

For mod_suphp you can use our guide and also Power Toys modify now the vhost.conf properly. Hope this help. Seems that under 8.3, Power Toys give white page, it is happening at 1 user, can anyone confirm until we also upgrade?

lvalics: could you please tell me which guide you are referring to, and what are those power toys? i am interested in adding suphp :)

I'm probably the customer that got the white page in Power Toys, I reported it just a few hrs ago. I will try the fix and report it back here. Thanks

yeah, i installed powertoys as well and am getting white pages :(

Did lvalics fix to the conf.inc.php, and I did get what looks to be the upgraded PT screen, says 4.2.1 at the top and some new buttons, nice looking. But I really do not know if it is working, because the license number I was given does not work? So I'm off to contact PT support directly to resolve the useless lic key...and then I will post the results here. Btw Im running Fedora Core 7, case anyone was wondering.

If PT ends up not working, then I will resort to the "other" method, creating a new skeleton with a vhost.conf that includes the suphp AddHandler method...perhaps I should have just done that to begin with? But I like PT's other tools so much, ie password revealer, that I'm bound to get it working.

Back