• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 8 server randomly restarting on its own

F

fishnyc22

can anyone help me figure out why my server has been randomly restarting on its own. It had never done this before a few weeks ago, and lately I've been noticing that it just retarts on its own randomly.

I don't see any hints as to what is causing it. Can anyone give me any suggestions where to look. There is nothing in /var/log/messages that shows anything happening before restart.

The box is a 1and1 box that I've had for about 6M. I have the latest version of plesk (8.0.1) installed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Has anyone else seen this problem occur. I had 1and1 replace the hardware (transferred my hard drive into a new server), and it is still occurring. Can it be plesk and not a hardware issue?

Please. any feedback is appreciated. my server rebooted itself 2x today.

Hi. Thanks for the reply.

I'm running Plesk v8.0.1_build80061018.17 on FedoraCore 4

I believe it's the whole system rebooting.
The first line in the logs (/var/log/messages) is:

Jan 2 18:21:15 serverName syslogd 1.4.1: restart.
Jan 2 18:21:16 serverName kernel: klogd 1.4.1, log source = /proc/kmsg started.
Jan 2 18:21:16 serverName kernel: Linux version 2.6.16-rc6-060427a (root@buildd-i386) (gcc version 3.3.5 (Debian 1:3.3.5-13)) #1 SMP Thu Apr 27 10:38:19 CEST 2006

At this time (18:21) it booted and then got to this point and restarted again:

Jan 2 18:21:56 serverName init: cannot execute "/etc/init.d/fix"
Jan 2 18:23:35 serverName syslogd 1.4.1: restart.

Any ideas?

This probably won't help you in your case but just in case someone comes accross it in the future....

On my older dell hardware I set a watchdog to reboot the system it if ever hung. This is through Dell's OpenManage software.

Unfortunately for some reason it decided that the system was hanging even though it wasn't, and just randomly rebooted the poor thing for no good reason.

I have been having the exact same problem you have.My server is with 1and1 also.

It randomly reboots and I have no idea why. Sometimes my server uptime lasts 8 days, sometime it lasts 3 days, it just has been rebooting on its own.

I am running Plesk 8.0.1 on FC4.

Any help would really be appreciated!

Andrew

Back