• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Resolved Plesk 8443 and domain

rogerioit

New Pleskian
Hi guys,

My domain aws.rogerioit.com is pointing to Plesk control panel and it is working fine with Lets Encrypt.

My hostname is: aws.rogerioit.com

I can access plesk at
https://aws.rogerioit.com:8443

So I tried to create a domain with the same name like hostname aws.rogerioit.com

The domain above was created successfully but when I try to access it I got certificate error message in the browser

My question is: can I use aws.rogerioit.com:8443 to access plesk and aws.rogerioit.com to my website?

Help me please

Yes, that should basically work. But it is not really a good idea to use the same domain for hostname and website. Why not use a different subdomain as the host name?

I'm just testing this approach. I have two vps and I'd like to use the same domain for hostname and website. Could you help me?

When I try to access the website I get a warn about invalid certificate

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210417-110903_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210417-110903_Chrome.jpg
    283 KB · Views: 5
For the website, a separate certificate must be used. You have one for the host that runs for port 8443, and you need another one for the Nginx/Apache web server configuration files. That cert must be created with the SSL/TLS icon in the subscription.

Just one of the disadvantages of using the same name for host and subscription.

Back