• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the current Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

plesk 9.0.1 not compatible with mysql 5.1x

Silver Pleskian
Well seems there are some packages plesk now have to rebuild before we can run mysql 5.1x

The new 5.1 SQL uses mysqlclient.so.16, instead of so.15 and yep breaks about 6 plesk packages

When can we expect an update to these packages to use both the old and new libraries?

Hi Dash,

In my case Fedora 8, I just build my own RPMs since its easy. I had built mysql-5.1.31 but as I mentioned I found about 4 odd packages from memory (all psa ones). If I had the srpms I would have just rebuilt them against the new libraries. So I had to settle for mysql-5.0.75 :(

postfix 2.5.6-1.fc8
httpd 2.2.11-1.fc8
mysql 5.0.75-1.fc8

Thanks!

David

Parallels Plesk Panel supports mysql server that is provided by OS vendor.
In case of Fedora-8 it's a 5.0.45 (with libmysqlclient.so.15)
If you want to use higher version (e.g from mysql.com) you should also download and setup package with shared compatibility libs.

Back