• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 9.0 backup is catastrophic

J

jerry2

Why you have removed the good working GUI for backup is beyond my intelect, but please do give us the option to exclude domains or files from the server. I need to backup EVERYTHING except one domain. It is impossible to do using GUI. In plesk 8.6 I could not only exclude domains but even files in domains.

I am making backup files to one domain so obviously I can not backup that domain! I make them there to be able to ftp them to other server. I can not ftp to somewhere else than my domains.

PLEASE give back the backup functionality.

Does anybody know if it is safe to revert back to 8.6 and how to do it?

Hi jerry,

I have a dedicated server that I lease from a hosting company. That hosting company has suggested that the only way to go back to v8.6 is to create a NEW server and manually restore the hosting accounts to that new server.

With all of my SSL Certs, dedictaed IP's, custom hosting configurations (DNS), and email accounts (I have an upgraded MailEnable Pro server), I am SCARED TO DEATH to make that change. I figure that if I am going to make that drastic of a change, then I am going to switch away from Plesk. I believe that one should expect a few glitches in a ".0" release of software, but this Plesk 9.0 is HORRIBLE! I am horrified (as are many others on the forums here) at the lack of quality in the 9.0 release and the aparent lack of beta-testing that this release has gone through.

Sorry I don't have any better news from my experience. I am continually combing the forums looking for a way to better my situation, but that's the other frustrating thing is the complete lack of support from Parallels. I don't feel like I should be paying for support for the sheer number and magnitude of these bugs in this software.

Oh well... that's my 2 cents...

Well put risede.

Going from 9.0 to 8.6 would be mostly a manual process. I'd just go with dot net panel if you are considering a new control panel. They don't charge double licensing fees (unlike plesk expand) to have distrubuted servers and their support responds to my tickets faster than Parallels forum moderators can approve posts.

We've been leasing a large number of plesk licenses since 8.1, but after 9.0 we are seriously considering alternatives. I'd rather be on a control panel that doesn't call untested beta products a release version just to meet some deadline.

Back