• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 9.2.3 - Problem with email

E

EulogioE

Hi, updated to version 9.2.3 and since then I have problems with the mail, I got several errors;

1:
XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550-Your message was rejected by this system and was not delivered.
550-Reason: Messages from your location are rejected, bad go missing identifier (HELO).
2:
XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 504 5.5.2 <server>: Helo command rejected: need fylly-qualified hostname.

The update was a few weeks ago and since then come the problems. (The directions are well written, as it always worked but now does not work)
Why do these problems occur?
A greeting.

Make sure that you have correct hostname in FQDN format in /var/qmail/control/me file.

Yes that's right - the problem comes from a faulty content of the /var/qmail/control/me file.

This happens mostly every time I run an update/upgrade of Plesk. Last it happened updating from 9.2.3 to actual 9.3.0.
Normally the content is the domain name of the server, in my case hxxxxxx.servercompetenz.de (a Strato VServer).
After any update/upgrade, the me file just contains hxxxxxx.

Some email servers then return "Bad HELO...", block the email and place the domains of my customers on their blacklist. AARGR - you always have to remember to edit the me file directly after the update and to send emails around asking to delete from blacklist whenever it happened again.

Have not found any reason for that appearance nor a point where to place any corrections.
Plesk still shows the proper server name...

Any fix known for that?

With greetings!

Back