• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk(9.2.3) upgrade to $latest on debian 4

T

tryanderror

-----EDIT
In the meantime I've decided to restore a backup with 8.6.0.
Rate the thread as "unsuccessful story"... But...
Would it be possible to upgrade to the latest plesk and debian version without performing an new installation?
-----

Hi there,
I've got some serious problems upgrading plesk to an recent version.
The System is a old old debian4 stable(kernel 2.6.18-028stab091.2), as provided by the hoster.
My odysseys starting point was plesk panel version 8.6.0. (with every mu)
(please notice, I've translated some error messages, don't grep them in src or else)
I performed the updates via shell using /opt/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller.
My original "plan" was to upgrade from 8.6.0 to 9.0 to 9.5 to 10 to 11.
But... the headaches already started when I reached 9.0... Due to php(as far as i remember) dependency errors it was impossible to install version 9.5.0. So i tried to make smaller version jumps and (at first) succeeded with this strategy.

I got from 9.0.0 -> 9.0.1 -> 9.2.3 where I'm stuck now. I tried different target versions but none of them (<10) is working.(Including 9.5.4, but right now I haven't got the results by hand)

The "main error message" during the setup is:
>>E: Broken packages
>>ERROR: autoinstaller: Error in execution of DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive

After looking through /tmp/autoinstaller3.log i found the "exact" dependency problems and tried to resolve them.
for example:
9.2.3 -> 9.3.0 Error:
----/tmp/autoinstaller3.log
[...]
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
psa-updates: Depends: psa-php5-configurator (>= 1.5.2) but it is not going to be installed or
psa-php4-configurator (>= 1.5.2) but 1.5.1-debian4.0.build92091009.18 is to be installed
[...]
I searched for the package and found it ( i guess ).

wget http://ftp.hosteurope.de/mirror/aut...ator_1.5.2-debian4.0.build95100309.15_all.deb

dpkg -i psa-php4-configurator_1.5.2-debian4.0.build95100309.15_all.deb:
psa-php4-configurator depends on plesk-base (>= 9.5.0); but:
plesk-base is 9.2.3-debian4.0.build92091009.18.

I've also got (different) dependency errors when I try to upgrade to a different version:

9.2.3 -> 9.5.0 Error:
[...]
libapache2-mod-php5: Depends: php5-common (= 5.2.0+dfsg-8+etch16) but 5.2.6-0.dotdeb.1 is to be installed
psa-php5-configurator: Depends: php5-cgi but it is not going to be installed
[...]

9.2.3 -> 9.5.3 Error:
[...]
psa: Depends: psa-php5-configurator (>= 1.5.3) but it is not going to be installed or
psa-php4-configurator (>= 1.5.3) but it is not going to be installed
[...]

Right now I'm kind of stuck to this version, and I don't know how to proceed with the update.
I don't know If plesk is working correctly atm. I haven't installed the key for this version yet, because the (hosters) support told me I can "jump" to the latest version without installing every license key in between.
It's no real problem for now, as long as the services are running, and they are.
I'd like to update the system to the latest version, please help me.

Kind regards

Additional info:
----/etc/apt/sources.list
[...]
deb http://archive.debian.org/debian etch main contrib non-free
deb http://autoinstall.plesk.com/debian/PSA_9.2.3 etch all
[...]

there was an error stating that the disk "might" be full, "df -h" states 70% free on / (tmp also resides there)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ofcourse it's possible to upgrade from 8->11 but though it might not be a smooth / walk-over process :) especially being debian

Back