• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 9.2.3 with ASP.Net 4.0

J

jeffamm

First I apologize if I've posted this in the wrong place. This was my best guess as to where to place this question.

My dedicated server uses Plesk 9.2.3 and has ASP.Net 3.5 sp1 currently. I want to upgrade the ASP.Net to 4.0 but my hosting company tech support guy warned me that he didn't know if there was a problem installing ASP.Net 4.0 with Plesk, or perhaps with my version of Plesk.

Does anyone know if these two play together well and if I'm likely to damage my Plesk installation by installing ASP.Net 4.0?

Many thanks in advance.

Jeff

Igor,

Thank you. My server host (Hostway) provided me with a dedicated server with this version of Plesk already installed. In this situation, can one generally upgrade the Plesk version, and is there an upgrade fee from Plesk?

Never mind this question, I just spoke with Hostway and they told me that they can upgrade me to 9.5.3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Igor,

I looked through the documentation, which I had not seen before. Thanks for sharing it.

In addition to my earlier question on upgrading Plesk, I'm wondering about any issues with installing an ISAPI filter in IIS. I don't see any mention of it in the documentation, but I don't understand everything well enough to know if that means it is not supported or just not addressed. I'm trying to address a 301 redirect issue on an asp.net site and I'm told that the full solution cannot be done in global.asax without asp.net 4.0, or without installing an ISAPI filter in IIS.

Back