• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved ASP.NET new setting "Temporary directory" in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.31

svengoran

New Pleskian
Dear all

I have a new Windows Server Hosting subscription that offers Plesk Obsidian. I just installed the newest release 18.0.31 as a start.

In the ASP.NET configuration I see a setting within the "Compilation & debugging" section which is called "Temporary directory".

In the Plesk change log I found the following about it:

The path to the ASP.NET dynamic compilation temporary file storage location can now be specified on the “Websites & Domains” > “ASP.NET Settings” page. By default the path is set to “%plesk_vhosts%<domain name>\tmp”.

When I enter the ASP.NET config in Plesk for my new domain created the "Temporary directory" is marked "red" with the error "The path must be relative".

Plesk - ASP.NET Settings.png

The website is physically installed in the following Plesk directory on the Windows Server:
"C:\inetpub\vhosts\mynewweb.com\httpdocs"

I also see a "tmp" in "C:\inetpub\vhosts\mynewweb.com\tmp". I guess this is the default compiling asp.net directory because I see a subfolder "root" and a "hash.web" file further down that folder tree.

Does someone can tell me how I need to configure this setting if my domain is called e.g. "mynewweb.com" and leaving it to the default settings according to the Plesk Change log and get rid of the error "the path must be relative"?

Thank you very much and sorry for the novice question.

Best regards

Sven

I am using the lasted plesk 18.0.42 and I have a issue for this section setting
By default the path of "Temporary directory" setting is set to “%plesk_vhosts%\<domain name>\tmp”
And I can not set the path outside the %plesk_vhosts%\<domain name> directory , if I try set to, plesk raise error and can't save

How can I set the "Temporary directory" outside the %plesk_vhosts%\<domain name> directory (such as C:\asp_temp ) for one and all domain.

Because "Temporary directory" directory will be counting disk space. and I can cannot be excluded from counting.

Back