• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 9.2 on WSRV2008 R2

Z

zebrafilm

Is Plesk 9.2 supported on Windows Server 2008 R2? If not, when can we expect an working version?

Thanks,

Bastiaan

It seems I am the only one running R2 servers?

Anyway for those who want to test:
After installation on X64 everything seemed to work but the Plesk control panel webpage.
Adjust the permissions of some (web) folders and the control panel starts to work too.
It has been running fine for a few days now. didn't notice any further problems.

Hello,

Parallels Plesk Panel 9.2.1 for Windows requires one of the following OS installed on your computer:

* Windows 2003 Server SP1/SP2/R2 Web Edition
* Windows 2003 Server SP1/SP2/R2 Standard Edition
* Windows 2003 Server SP1/SP2/R2 Enterprise Edition
* Windows 2003 Server SP1/SP2/R2 Datacenter Edition
* Windows 2008 Server Web Edition
* Windows 2008 Server Standard Edition
* Windows 2008 Server Enterprise Edition
* Windows 2008 Server Datacenter Edition

Thus we can say that the 2008 R2 is not supported yet. Unfortunately we can not provide you with any ETA on when this operating system is supported.

Please, check the Release notes for more information:

http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/PPP9/Windows/9.2.1/plesk_9.2.1_build090420.16.htm

Thank you

Do we have any news on Windows 2008 R2 support? I would like to look at using the R2 version as soon as possible.

Not sure that 9.2.3 will be released for WSRV2008 R2. As I know there are some problems with it and it should be solved in the next Plesk version.

On which release Windows 2008 R2 will be supportet? And when will it be released? Or do I really have to change to "Parallels Small Business Panel"??

Lg
ele

Parallels Plesk Panel 9.3 is compatible with Windows Server 2008 R2

Gentlemen,

Parallels Plesk Panel 9.3 is compatible with Windows Server 2008 R2. It's expected to be issued this year.

Can the known issues be listed? I am currently running plesk 9.2.3 on R2 and do not notice any issues yet..

Here you are.

• Error 500 at AtMail's login page
  • Installed Java applications don't work
  • Unable to install Sitebuilder 4.5 on Windows 2008 R2
  • Unable to switch on FTP anonymous on domain

Thanks for the information but i need to install Plesk 9.2 on Server 2008 R2 but Plesk tells me i have the wrong OS and aborts the installation.
How can i force Plesk to install ?

(And keep up the good work, it's an excellent controlpanel)

Hello,

I need to install Plesk 9.2 on WSRV2008 R2 but Plesk tells me i have the wrong OS and cancels the installation.

Thanks.

Hello,

I need to install Plesk 9.2 on WSRV2008 R2 but Plesk tells me i have the wrong OS and cancels the installation.

Thanks.

Did you tried 9.2.3 version? As you can see above jamescrown have successfully installed this version.

Yes i have tried build 9.2.3 but i can't install Plesk.
Maybe is it because i am running 2008 R2 standard edition and not the web edition.
Changing registry settings doesn't help.

You can install Plesk to w2k8 and then upgrade it to R2. But as I know it will break Plesk and dotnet should be reinstalled for fixing, but I'm not sure.

To install Plesk 9.2 on WSRV2008 R2

I installed successfully Plesk 9.2 on WSRV2008 R2
you must click right SetupPlesk.exe and Property
then Compatibility and check windows serveur 2008 pack 1
after uncheck sitebuilder and check microsoft sql server 2008 express edition

;-)
Francois

I installed successfully Plesk 9.2 on WSRV2008 R2
you must click right SetupPlesk.exe and Property
then Compatibility and check windows serveur 2008 pack 1
after uncheck sitebuilder and check microsoft sql server 2008 express edition

;-)