• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 9.3.0: Backup Manager problems

srvadm

Basic Pleskian
Hi:

Plesk: 9.3.0
RAM:3.8 GB free of 4.0 GB
HD: 364.3 GB free of 448.9 GB

I have some problems with the Backup Manager backing up individual domains

1. The size of backup files is a lot bigger than disk usage according to Domains data

Domain ---------- Backup ------ Multivolume
a) 1.98 GB ------ 4.24 GB ----- 4.24 GB
b) 23.2 MB ------ 1.0 GB

2. I can not download domain a) backup file, status bar shows the message waiting for xx.xxx.xxx.xxx ...
If I click the Refresh button or try to select any other menu after 40 min, I receive the error "Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at xx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8443 and I must restart the server

3. Task progress bar doesn't update (OS X 10.5.8, FF 3.6.17)

4. I can not configure global backup settings according to help as that option doesn't appear

Go to Home > Server group title menu > Backup Settings.

5. Not precisely Backup Manager, but I'd wish to know wich algorithm uses Plesk to sort domains listing by Disk usage!

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• sorted_by_disk_usage_a.jpg
    sorted_by_disk_usage_a.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 3
  • sorted_by_disk_usage_d.jpg
    sorted_by_disk_usage_d.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 3
2. I can not download domain a) backup file, status bar shows the message waiting for xx.xxx.xxx.xxx ...
If I click the Refresh button or try to select any other menu after 40 min, I receive the error "Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at xx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8443 and I must restart the server

I downloaded a smaller backup file (1 GB), uncompressed it and found 1 folder and 4 files:

.discovered
backup_mydomain1.com_info_1106200544.xml
backup_mydomain1.com_vhost_1106200544.tgz
backup_mydomain1.com_privatekey_1106200544.tgz
backup_mydomain1.com_mn_1106200544.tgz

Then I went to the Plesk Backup Repository folder (/var/lib/psa/dumps) and found the same files for the other domain I can't download (4.24 GB). So, it seems when you download a backup, the Backup Manager just compress them and download the result file. It looks like my server doesn't have enough resources to compress those files fast enough (I let it for 2 hours without sucess). I'm downloading them manually and guess compressing them locally, I'll have a valid source for Backup Manager

Anybody having problems when downloading backups of similar size?

Back