• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Plesk 9.5.1 issue with MS-DNS

A

AriaF

Hello,

I'm having issues with Plesk 9.5.1 on windows 2008 R2 x64 !

Windows 2008 R2 has DNS 6.0 built-in and I will have to either go with BIND or MS-DNS !

The thing is, plesk is definitely not compatible with MS-DNS 6.0 (either on Plesk 9.3) and that's why I can't see the actual zone files in c:\windows\system32\dns path.

Lets say we are going to migrate a larg number of websites from a windows 2003 server to a windows 2008 R2 and it cannot be done over a night and will need more time.

If we use MS-DNS (since we have to move the zone files after each website migration to forward A records to new server) and the customer try to add a new domain on the new server, will get an error in regards to DNS service error !

It has a fix in parallels KB but after doing that, adding domains will work without problem but you won't be able to see the actual zone files in the above path.

My question here:

1. when will plesk going to support MS-DNS 6.0 ?
2. in my situation, what would be the best way of doing the migration ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you all.

Back