• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 9.5.3 -> 10.0.1 Upgrade **DO NOT install Samll Business **

jcgalvez

Basic Pleskian
Hello, this is my experience with Plesk upgrade.

First I was using Plesk 9.5.2 on my server after securing and fixing some security issues (editing some files adding text) running dos commands, worked fine for 3 months.

However I was not able to take a "decent" backup since plesk keep saying that the backup was no good.

Upgrading to 9.5.3 did not cure the backup problem.

So in this adventure I downloaded version 10.0.1 and upgrade the box

at first on the installer showed me two packages one that was Plesk 10.0.1 and Smallbusiness 10.2.0, but I only choosed the first one (you know just in case)

my sites were migrated, fighted with the new environment for 3 days and also again fixed by hand security issues again, but there were some errors every time I edited parallels and started working. but I had to put my finger on install/update smallbusiness 10.2.0 and voila, everything turned black. error on the licence key (has to be updated) but in help says that plesk 10 is in fact "plesk 10 small business" a single integrated package.

Now I do not what to do I badly need to DOWNGRADE just to version 10.0.1 of plesk WITHOUT smallbusiness!!!

any help and support apreciated, write me to:

jcgalvez @ megalink . com (remove the spaces)

Thank you again

Javier

Sorry to say I had to re-format the machine and do the whole installation back again. I had 2 backups 1 friday 1 today with version 10.0.1 I really hope they work.

I was trying to do a 9.5.3 installation over 10, (hopping that after that 9.5.3 forced installation could install 10.0.1 over) but no luck :-( (The hosting company told me that they are suggesting customers not to upgrade due to "licencing" posible problems)

since those look like are working backups (no errors on the display) then I'm doing the following process

The hosting company delivers with 9.3, upgrade to 9.5.2, then 9.5.3, then 10.0.1, & restore the aparently good backup, otherwise, try to stick with 9.5.3 (after a whole format again) and manually restore sites via ftp.

I'll keep you posted have a wonderfull weekend

Javier

restoration from a backup on plesk parallels 10 to 10 works great.

I had to run again this patch seems like parallels upgraded the software but did not fix the problem :-(

http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=100045

Hi,

I had to add the following to my disksecurity.xml

<Entry AccounType="1" Account="Psacln" Path="C:\Windows\assembly" AceFlags="FilesOnly" AccessMask="Read" EntryFlags="0x0" />

Then run "%plesk_bin%\applysecurity" --apply

I certify that this code is OK and it resolve my issue.

Thanks
Himanshu Kumar Pant
SysAdmin
for eWebGuru.com
web hosting india

Back