1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk 9.5.3 domain setup problems

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by dazza30, Nov 19, 2010.

1. dazza30

dazza30 Guest

Hi all I'm new here and only started using plesk yesterday, so please bare with me.

I have just signed upto a 30 day trial on a linux vps server running plesk 9.5.3 which also has Vituozzo cp installed I dont know which version.

Rather than moving all my sites over from fasthosts shared hosting I decided to change the name servers of an url I dont currently have hosting for and point them at the vps. Then I went into plesk and created a domain, put in the domain name chose the ip address, decided on ftp details and then gave the domain unlimited hosting privilages.

That was over 24 hours ago: When I enter the ip address into a broswer I get taken to a server default page with message "1. hosting for this domain is not configured or 2. there's no such domain registered in Plesk"

Have I done something wrong or do I just have to wait for the DNS to update?