• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 9.5.3 to Plesk 9.5.4 Migration Issues

petroski2409

New Pleskian
Hello,

I'm having issues migrating over to a new server.

Old Server:

CentOS 4.3 32 bit, Plesk 9.5.3, mySQL 4.1.20, PHP 4.3.9

Have been running this server since 2007, starting with Plesk 7.5 reloaded and upgrading periodically to Plesk 9.5.3 with very few apparent issues. As the running versions of mySQL and PHP are at EOL, it was time to move on.

I've been running all of my domains as the domain administrator for all domains

New Server

CentOS 5.5 64 bit, Plesk 9.5.4, mySQL 5.1.56, PHP 5.2.17

Brand new server and used Atomicorp repository to upgrade to shown versions of mySQL/PHP

The Issue

My original attempt to migrate entire domain list failed so I resorted to migrate on a domain by domain basis. Most of my older domains are migrating over successfully but some of my newer domains are not. There seems to be a point of time, perhaps after a Plesk update, that domains created after this point are not migrating over properly. As an example, the error log for a failed single domain migration is as such:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<execution-result status="success"><object name="xxxxxxxxxxx.com" type="domain"><object name="wp-essent" type="database"><message code="FailedDatabaseUserDeployment" severity="error"><context>virtual void plesk::DatabaseUserDeployer::act(plesk::XmlNode) const</context><file>./databases.cpp</file><line>278</line><text>Failed deployment of database user resource of database wp-essent</text><message code="ExecCmd::ExFailed" severity="error"><context>void plesk::ExecCmd::reportError() const</context><file>ExecCmd.cpp</file><line>49</line><text>Execution of /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/database.php --update wp-essent -add_user resource -type mysql -print-id -passwd failed with return code 2.
Stderr is
Unable to create database user: User with requested name already exists
</text></message></message></object></object></execution-result>

On further investigation, I'm finding that I'm unable to convert domains from a domain administrator account to a client account (on my old server), see error below:

Domain administrator accounts that cannot be converted

The following domain administrator accounts could not be converted to client accounts:

xxxx xxxxxxxxx (The domain should belong directly to the server administrator or a reseller.)

I'm thinking that the problem lies somewhere here. Oh yes, before anyone asks, there is no other user called "resource" on the system.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions ...

Back