• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 9.5 Upgrade Installation Problem...

NeuroPsyche

Regular Pleskian
I'm currently running Plesk CP 9.3.

I wanted to upgrade to Plesk CP 9.5.1

I shut down all services through Plesk System Tray Services Manager. I ran the Plesk 9.5 install it immediately said that it could not find a file.

I rebooted. Plesk 9.3 loaded and was functioning. I ran the Plesk 9.5 install while Plesk 9.3 was running. The install program gathered data but came to the point where services were running and needed to be shut down. I went to Plesk System Tray Services Manager, stopped all services. Went back to 9.5 install, pressed Retry... I again said that Plesk Name Services was running. I went to task manager and shut down the PID#, it was Name.dll I believe, the Plesk Name Service. I again went back to install and it finally came back with 'error in \\pipe...\'. or something like that.

Is anyone else having issues installing 9.5 overtop/upgrading 9.3?
I've tried it many times and in different ways. It seems as if it wont even install unless Plesk CP is running, but the install keeps wanting me to shut down services.

I'm going to give up trying to upgrade 9.3 to 9.5 and install on a seperate, fresh win2k8 server.

I'd still would like to know what the issue is with the upgrade from 9.3 to 9.5. If anyone has any ideas or has had this happen to them please write.

Followed the simple Plesk 9.5 Upgrade Instructions...

Yes, we followed the very simple upgrade instructions. We were not able to get the install package to even run to the point at which the installer actually installs the program. It may be good that it did not get to point of copying files and upgrading the files.

The instructions you mentioned seem to be relevant to having Plesk obtain an updated key. Which means that Plesk 9.5 would have to be funtional.

We get an error that says 'error in \\pipe..\\'
During the install if we have Plesk running on server.

If we shut down Plesk totally and stop all services that Plesk uses it says that it cannot find a file and the installer immediately haults and stops. I'll have to try to find out what file it is trying to find. The error window is behind the installer window. The installer window has to be moved out of the way to see the error on the installer.

Very strange... I have asked support guys and they have informed that a lot of success upgrades have been performed already without any problems. Therefore I can suggest you contact support team. Seems there is something is really broken and not sure that we can find it via forum discussion.

Plesk 9.5 Upgrade Problems...

I thought I'd install Plesk 9.5 on a fresh server and see what happens. I'm sure it has something to do with
the current install. The error that comes up is: 'error in \\pipe\...' ... what ever that means. I didnt' do any searches on this but I don't have the to trouble shoot this issue so I'll just install Plesk 9.5 on a fresh server.

I'm curious. Sitebuilder 10 was supposed to be released on April 13th... according to the Plesk Miami Summit. Do you know what the issue is now? There hasn't be a significant release of Sitebuilder for years, litterally. We're loosing customers from not having a simple Sitebuilder program for our 'beginners'.

Thanks,

Dave.

Plesk 9.5 Upgrade Error - Total Process Failure

When attempting to upgrade to Plesk 9.5 from 9.2, the Plesk upgrade process fails to install version 9.5. My license keys are up-to-date and paid through December 2010. The following message is emailed to me clearly pointing to a Plesk upgrade error [i.e. FAILED TO CHECK...]:

Exchanging information with licensing server.
File downloading PSA_9.5.2/plesk_getkeyinfo.sh: Failed to check whether a new license key is available.
Error: Failed to check whether a new license key is available.
Not all packages were installed.
Please, contact product technical support.
What do I need to do to get the upgrade done?

This is clearly a Plesk "updater" error. It erases file /root/psa/plesk_getkeyinfo.sh, then the updater fails.

Thus, the sequence:
Exchanging information with licensing server.
File downloading PSA_9.5.2/plesk_getkeyinfo.sh: Failed to check whether a new license key is available.
Error: Failed to check whether a new license key is available.
Not all packages were installed.
Please, contact product technical support.
would be expected after Plesk erased the file it needed to complete the update process.

Therefore, with this Plesk catch-22 in place, updating to version 9.5.2 is impossible, yet it is offered as an update opportunity on the Plesk Updater screen.

I would hope that Plesk has someone on this ASAP.

Back