• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 9 Upgrade & autorespond

twwheeler

New Pleskian
Greetings, all:

I just upgraded from 8.6 to 9, and now autoresponder functionality does not work in the panel. You can set the options, both as an administrator or client, and the preference is saved, but the resulting line never gets written to the .qmail file. Redirects & other .qmail actions are being written properly and working, however. The symlinks and script for autoresponder/autoresponder.sh are both in the correct place (/opt/psa/bin) like my 8.6 boxes, and no dice.

Any ideas, anyone? Is there a log somewhere where I can see what is happening?

Edit: just to note - if I manually add '| autoresponder' to the .qmail file, I receive this in the maillog:

"delivery 316: deferral: /bin/sh:_autoresponder:_command_not_found/"

Anyone? Can anyone out there even confirm/deny that autorespond works in their Plesk 9 install? (qmail, debian linux)

Same problem here. Autoresponder is only working if it's set in mailaccount directly.
Not if there is a general autoresponder-emailaddress for all company emails. This worked before in 8.6.

Super. Naturally, Parallels releases Plesk 9 with a broken function that pretty much every one of my clients wants to use this week. I'm going to go ahead and guess that they won't be fixing it this week either.

Why am I paying for this again?

Try this for a workaround:
- set autoresponder to every single mailaccount instead of using a single mailaccount and forwarding to it.
- dont alter old autoresponders - set a complete new one
- avoid using dashes in name of autoresponder.

At least this worked somehow for me.

Nope - completely new address, autorespond off, on; applied latest updates, nothing. Guess I can't count on Parallels to actually release a working product & will have to fix it myself.

Just FYI : this appears to be fixed in the latest update. Not that there's any mention of it anywhere, but it works (again) now.

Again got message from a customer that autoresponder mails are sent out although it's not activated.
This is very annoying!! Even a paid per incident didn't help about this matter.

Regards,

Boris

Again got message from a customer that autoresponder mails are sent out although it's not activated.
This is very annoying!! Even a paid per incident didn't help about this matter.

Regards,

Boris

Hi Boris,

We've got this identical problem. We've found that even if the 'Mail Autoresponders' is turned off for an email account, individual autoresponders for that email account are still somehow working. We're using Plesk 9.0 with Qmail.

Has anyone figured out a fix for this issue? We haven't updated from Plesk 9.0 to 9.1 yet - hopefully that will fix it.

Back