• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved Plesk admin password as autofill in password fields

Azurel

Silver Pleskian
Is this a security issue or not?

When I create a new subscription or mail account there my browser autofill my admin password and click on the "Show" button every with access to this computer can see my admin password AND when I not think carefully about it, I use my admin password for a subscription or mail account.

Should this input field get more security like:
How to Turn Off Form Autocompletion
If an author would like to prevent the autofilling of password fields in user management pages where a user can specify a new password for someone other than themself, autocomplete="new-password" should be specified, though support for this has not been implemented in all browsers yet.

Hi Azurel,

well, it's an security issue with your browser, if you use this feature option. Passwords shouldn't be stored in files, neither on your computer, nor in clouds. You are as well asked by your bank, NOT to store the bank card together with your password. ;)

Back