• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

"Plesk Administrator" user password

J

jorsonj

Hello,

I'm using a Windows Server 2003 VServer with Plesk 9.2.1. There are two administartor users, which have been created by Plesk: "admin" and "Plesk Administrator".

I know where and how to change the password of "admin". However, I don't know the password, the "Plesk Administrator" user uses. I also don't know how to change this password without breaking the relationship between Windows and the Plesk panel.

I'm quite ab bit concerned for security reasons here, when not having control over passwords of administrator users. I don't know how secure the default password for this user is. These are my questions in detail:

- Is it possible to change the "Plesk Administrator" password. If so, how can I do it?
- What does the default password for "Plesk Administrator" look like? How long and secure is it?
- Is it possible to login to the Plesk control panel as "Plesk Administrator"? With "admin" this is possible, also this account has had a default password of only 5 (!) characters...

Thank you.

Regards,
jorson

hi all
somehow no one cares about this security hole here... it seems.

I am also interested to change this password, can someone maybe answer the questions from jorsonj?

also, I can't even check the current password with "plesksrvclient.exe -get". it says that the command has incorrect parameters???

regards

Last edited:
I'm also trying to find way to change the administrator password but not succeed. Is there any other way to do this?

Back