• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk and AWS Route 53

globalmcs

Regular Pleskian
I'm trying to integrate AWS Route 53 DNS service with Plesk 11 but cant get it to work after carefully following the steps in the administrator and developing extensions guides.
Have anyone been able to set it up and if so did you have to do anything different from what's in the guides to get it to work ?

Hi Igor,
Yes those are the instructions I was referring to, I’m unable to successfully run the command to enable the custom backend, I get the following message not matter what. I tried entering the path to the route53.php file with forward slash, back slash, in double quotes, single quotes and can’t figure out the right format. I also tried running procmon while executing the command and didn't see any Access Denied as the error message indicates. The Psaadm account has full control on the folder and route53.php file.

server_dns --enable-custom-backend 'E:\aws\dns\route53.php
Access is denied. (Error code 5) at Unable to execute: ''E:\aws\dns\route53.php': directory is wrong!

server_dns --enable-custom-backend E:\aws\dns\route53.php
Access is denied. (Error code 5) at Unable to execute: 'E:\aws\dns\route53.php': directory is wrong!

Any suggestions Igor? Do you have a Plesk 11 for Windows environment to test the Aws Route 53 integration?

---------------------------------------------------------------
PRODUCT, VERSION, MICROUPDATE, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE
Plesk Panel 11 for Windows, 11.5.30, Update #22, Microsoft Windows Server 2012, 64bit

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION
Unable to enable integration with Amazon Route 53

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
Followed the steps on the following Administrator Guide
http://download1.parallels.com/Ples...inistrator-guide/index.htm?fileName=72230.htm

ACTUAL RESULT
Get the following error
Access is denied. (Error code 5) at Unable to execute: ''E:\aws\dns\route53.php': directory is wrong!

EXPECTED RESULT
To be able to enable AWS Route 53 external DNS service

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
I tried entering the path to the route53.php file with forward slash, back slash, in double quotes, single quotes and can’t figure out the right format.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Please let me know if you need more information

Thank you for report. I have created corresponding request to developers (RT #1786969 for your reference). I will update this tread with results as soon as I receive them.

Hi IgorG
Any update from the developers? I'm wondering if they were able to get the external DNS working.

Hi IgorG,
Even though the examples on that guide use Linux commands the Guide itself doesn't indicate if it is for Linux or Windows. Now on the "Developing Extensions for Parallels Plesk Panel 11.5" they do show examples for integrating Third-Party DNS server using commands for Linux and Windows.

Developing Extensions for Parallels Plesk Panel 11.5
ftp://download1.parallels.net/Plesk...extensions-guide/index.htm?fileName=72158.htm

Integrating Panel with a Third-Party DNS

To switch on Panel integration with third-party DNS:
Copy your integration script to your Panel server.
Adjust the script's permissions. The only permission that the script should have is reading by the user psaadm. Run:
chown psaadm /usr/share/route53.php
chmod 400 /usr/share/route53.php
(Optional) If your script uses additional resources, make sure that they are available to it at the proper location.
Run the following command line utility:
On Linux: plesk bin server_dns --enable-custom-backend <script_execution>
On Windows: <plesk_dir>\bin\server_dns.exe --enable-custom-backend <script_execution>
Where:
<script_execution> is the command that runs the integration script.
<plesk_dir> is a directory where your Panel is installed.
For example, the call can be the following:
plesk bin server_dns --enable-custom-backend '/usr/bin/php /usr/share/route53.php'
To switch off Panel integration with third-party DNS and restore the default settings:
Run the following command:

On Linux: plesk bin server_dns --disable-custom-backend
On Windows: <plesk_dir>\bin\server_dns.exe --disable-custom-backend

Sorry, but mentioned instruction http://download1.parallels.com/Ples...inistrator-guide/index.htm?fileName=72230.htm describes installation Amazon Route 53 only on Plesk for Linux. Why do you think that it is applicable for Windows too?

Yes, but there is parameter <script_execution> and it should be something like path_to_php.exe E:\aws\dns\route53.php instead of 'E:\aws\dns\route53.php'

Hi IgorG

I have also tried entering the parameters the following ways, but cant figure out the right format to work around the spaces in the path to the php executable.

E:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\bin>server_dns.exe --enable-custom-backend E:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PHP\ E:\aws\dns\route53.php
Access is denied. (Error code 5) at Unable to execute: 'E:\Program': directory is wrong!

E:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\bin>server_dns.exe --enable-custom-backend E:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PHP\php.exe E:\aws\dns\route53.php
Access is denied. (Error code 5) at Unable to execute: 'E:\Program': directory is wrong!

E:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\bin>server_dns.exe --enable-custom-backend "E:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PHP\php.exe" E:\aws\dns\route53.php

E:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\bin>server_dns.exe --enable-custom-backend 'E:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PHP\php.exe' E:\aws\dns\route53.php
Access is denied. (Error code 5) at Unable to execute: ''E:\Program': directory is wrong!

I also tried pointing the php executable in the following directories but I get the same message, because of the spaces.

E:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\bin
E:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PHP
E:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5
E:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP53
E:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP54

Yes, you are right. Developers have confirmed that it is bug. I have submitted corresponding request (PPPM-1123 for your reference). I will update thread with results as soon as I receive them.

Any news regarding this problem. Any fix about:
E:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\bin>server_dns.exe --enable-custom-backend 'E:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PHP\php.exe' E:\aws\dns\route53.php
Access is denied. (Error code 5) at Unable to execute: ''E:\Program': directory is wrong!

Ok, spoke with Engineering. Here are the specifics to your questions.

At present, this is a core limitation of Plesk. Our own extensions (Amazon Route53 and Slave DNS) are Linux-only as well. The engineering team is planning an SDK extension which will enable such scenario in Plesk 12.1

Until then, you can:

1) Set event handlers on domain create/update/delete which will sync these actions with external DNS system
2) Or disable DNS in Plesk and add custom button to their own DNS management system

Both solutions are widely used with Plesk partners today.

So, there is no way at the moment to connect Plesk 11 windows with our DNS cluster.
If there is a way trough event handlers on domain create/update/delete please provide a demo how it should be used, because on KB on plesk i cand't find any good example.
We can live with this workaround as long it is doing the job ok.

We are also facing issue on windows 2012 r2 where issue are with directory ": No such file or directory" either directory is not created or data (installation) is not copied.

-------------------------------------------------------

Warning: require_once(Loader.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in E:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\DailyMaintainance\script.php on line 3

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'Loader.php' (include_path='.;C:\php\pear') in E:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\DailyMaintainance\script.php on line 3

Back