• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Plesk and cluster DNS

Josh_Henry

New Pleskian
Hello,

Currently we have cPanel DNS only servers on Azure using CentOS7.
We have a mix of WHM/cPanel and Plesk servers (for windows hosting).
Plesk has the SlaveDNS Extension which can talk to cPanel DNS only using Bind.
However the Ubuntu version of cPanel DNSOnly cannot use bind (uses PowerDNS) which will make the Plesk SlaveDNS extension not work.

Is there any way to get Plesk to talk to cPanel DNSOnly that has PowerDNS?

Thanks!

For using a secondary nameserver you do not need to have a panel on that server. It is sufficient to have a minimal Linux installation, regardless of the Linux flavor, and bind. The "Slave DNS" extension can connect to any such bind server.

For using a secondary nameserver you do not need to have a panel on that server. It is sufficient to have a minimal Linux installation, regardless of the Linux flavor, and bind. The "Slave DNS" extension can connect to any such bind server.
I suppose what I'm looking for is something that I can put both cPanel and Plesk on the same cluster so our clients all have the same servers. The cPanel DNSOnly is really nice with it's already built in clustering.
Is there a plugin with Plesk that will talk with PowerDNS?

Back