• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Plesk and DNS

Mike1997

New Pleskian
Hi,

I have recently bought a Dedicated server from soyoustart.com where I instaled plesk 12.5.
Why i bought this is because I'm a web developer trying to host websites for customers.
The following list contains information about my server. (I did edit the numbers a bit for safety.)
  • ns392546.ip-94-24-961.eu
  • 2011:41d1:2:6076::/64
Now i've got my Domain names setup at ovh.com (I will put all domains of my customers in my ovh account too.).

My questions;

Which DNS records do i need in the domain name?
The domain must:
-Be added to a customer in my plesk panel.
-Be able to use the Roundcube webmail.

When I add a website to plesk panel, What ip do i need to connect it to?
-I have an IPV4(94.24.961.22) and IPV6(2011:41d1:2:6076::/64), which do i use to host the website? (i can choose both too if that would be better.)

Do i need to buy any additional ip addresses?
-I can buy an additional IP if needed ( can get another 16.)
-IPV6 tells me '/64' I have no idea if this means i can get up to 64 of them. please do tell me.

If someone could tell me the answers to my questions i would appriciate it a lot.
If possible, tell me step by step how to do it. I do not have that much knowledge of hosting yet.

Kind regards,
Mike

So, if you have domain name registered somewhere on the one of domains registrar and you need to host site with this domain on Plesk server, you have two ways - tell to domain registrar to use Plesk nameservers or use external nameservers, defined on registrar side, in Plesk.
I suggest you read carefully this KB article - https://kb.plesk.com/en/129519
I hope it will help.

Back