• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk and IIS 6.0

H

HisNibs

Hello,

I am new to Plesk and wanted to ask if anyone here uses Plesk 6.5 with IIS 6.0. I would like to support and use Sharepoint Services as well as support Web Parts and packages for FrontPage 2003 users.

I am really impressed with Plesk over the other controllers I have tried, but I am getting bad info when I am committed to a schedule to move sites to this new Plesk server.

The Plesk 6.5 web site indicates that IIS 6 and FP 2003 are supported. (No details are specified)

My managed server provider says that Plesk will only run on IIS 6.0 in IIS 5.0 mode. (What's the point of saying it supports IIS 6.0?)

On the other hand, my provider also claims that the server admin can not create Client Templates when the Plesk documentation says otherwise. Turns out this is an IE 6 related issue and does not affect editing Client Templates from Mozilla Pheonix.

Does anyone here use Plesk with Sharepoint Services and ASP.NET applications?

And is anyone able to offer full FrontPage 2003 w/ web parts and packages support to their FP customers with Plesk 6.5?

The Sharepoint Server Extensions released in November for Win 2003 server need to run in IIS 6.0 mode. These extensions enable the FP 2003 added feature set.

Sorry, I digress. My salesperson said all the services I want to use were supported in Plesk 6.5 and I need to move TeamServices sites to this server. I'm a bit disappointed with the situation I seem to be finding myself in and I just need to get the straight dope on the situation.

Thanks.

Is it possible to run sharepoint extensions on a server running plesk 6.5?

Sharepoint extensions are part of Frontpage extensions in IIS 6 and run. I don't have any clients using them, nor do I myself so I can't say how they work.

As for things like the sharepoint server itself (different from sharepoint extensions) I don't know. We are bringing up a test server this week and could possibly run some tests. I would need some help though as I don't use these services at all and have no plans to in the future.

Back