• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk and SmarterMail on seperate servers

T

ts3441

I have a server with Plesk for hosting and a server for the SmarterTools products...I have couple of questions, and thank you for all of your replies in advance.

My config:
-Home based business
-1 Static IP, provided by the ISP
-Router for internal IPs
- 2 servers
1 for Plesk
1 for SmarterTools

1- Currently, Plesk does not recognize SmarterMail 4.x. Is there any way for Plesk to see SmarterMail 4.x so i can start managing email accounts etc from Plesk too? (Plesk 8.1 for Windows)

2- I have a page where i use formtoemail.php program to send an email from a webpage using the Php's mail() function...well, of course since port 25 is being used by my Smarter Mail server (I have only 1 static IP to the outside, all my servers are connected thru the router...My business is yet home based). How can i get mail() working on my Plesk server?

Please help. Best regards,

ts3441

Unfortunately it is impossible now to integrate Plesk with remote SmarterMail. This feature is scheduled for Q3'07

Hi,

Was this ever done? Can you have smarterMail running on a seperate server?

Back