1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk and SmarterMail on seperate servers

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by ts3441, Feb 8, 2007.

1. ts3441

ts3441 Guest

I have a server with Plesk for hosting and a server for the SmarterTools products...I have couple of questions, and thank you for all of your replies in advance.

My config:
    -Home based business
    -1 Static IP, provided by the ISP
    -Router for internal IPs
    - 2 servers
    1 for Plesk
    1 for SmarterTools

1- Currently, Plesk does not recognize SmarterMail 4.x. Is there any way for Plesk to see SmarterMail 4.x so i can start managing email accounts etc from Plesk too? (Plesk 8.1 for Windows)

2- I have a page where i use formtoemail.php program to send an email from a webpage using the Php's mail() function...well, of course since port 25 is being used by my Smarter Mail server (I have only 1 static IP to the outside, all my servers are connected thru the router...My business is yet home based). How can i get mail() working on my Plesk server?

Please help. Best regards,

ts3441

2. sergius

sergius Golden Pleskian

57%
    Unfortunately it is impossible now to integrate Plesk with remote SmarterMail. This feature is scheduled for Q3'07

3. siscom

siscom Guest

Hi,

Was this ever done? Can you have smarterMail running on a seperate server?