• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

plesk and wordpress automatic updates conflict

Noturns

Regular Pleskian
Something resulted in the disappearance of important WP-files within the WP-Content directory of a subscription which resulted in displaying the default Wordpress Setup page.

I have Plesk updates set to automatic update
and i have my Wordpress updates set to auto-update

I looked at the Plesk update log and could not find anything related to wordpress.
I think a recent Plesk update was triggered during a Wordpress update and caused some unfortunate minor issue which was easy to solve by restoring an FTP backup. However i'm not sure how Plesk handles simultaneous updates.

List of updates that where recently installed:
Wordpress update
New version: 4.2.2-106. Previous version: 4.1.1-81

Plesk update
http://download1.parallels.com/Ples...tm?platform=unix&locale=en-US&version=12.0.18.

Is there a maintenance windows in Plesk where users can set Plesk to handle simultaneous updates?

Attachments

• ftp_inconsistent_with_backup.JPG
    ftp_inconsistent_with_backup.JPG
    191.8 KB · Views: 8
  • wordpress_setup.JPG
    wordpress_setup.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 7
Hi Noturns,

This is the first time we hear about this issue, and it doesn't seem to be something that can be resolved through the forum. I would suggest to file a support ticket to our support team so that we can investigate and resolve it - if it's a bug in Plesk, you'll be refunded, obviously.

Back