• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Plesk Antivirus free for linux VPS

Netgen

Basic Pleskian
What is the best free solution to protect my Linux VPS server from virus and email protect?

Prefers on your needs, mostly if you only need AntiVirus-Protection ClamAV should be enough.
You can also discover Imunify as Plesk-Extension. There is a free version in the extension-catalog in the plesk panel.
But the free version has retrenchments.

I use additional crowdsec but this is for additional security-reasons, it was just a hint you maybe also searched for.

That is only protection that i have:

see on my extensions, maybe ill insert plus the ClamAV for extra protection, also i have backup to google drive for full backups on my sites and emails

1638066636285.png

I recomment this manual for ClamAV, it's in german, but I guess you will figure it out.
Unfortunately stuck on that part : chmod 755 /usr/local/bin/clamsmtp_on_virus.sh
says :
chmod: missing operand after ‘755 /usr/local/bin/clamsmtp_on_virus.sh’
Try 'chmod --help' for more information.

tried to figure out and changed to :
sudo chmod 700 ~/usr/local/bin/clamsmtp_on_virus.sh
and get error:
chmod: cannot access '/home/socialme/usr/local/bin/clamsmtp_on_virus.sh': No such file or directory

But im pretty sure that file created because previous i paste the data as it on tutorial..

Unfortunately stuck on that part : chmod 755 /usr/local/bin/clamsmtp_on_virus.sh
says :
chmod: missing operand after ‘755 /usr/local/bin/clamsmtp_on_virus.sh’
Try 'chmod --help' for more information.

tried to figure out and changed to :
sudo chmod 700 ~/usr/local/bin/clamsmtp_on_virus.sh
and get error:
chmod: cannot access '/home/socialme/usr/local/bin/clamsmtp_on_virus.sh': No such file or directory

But im pretty sure that file created because previous i paste the data as it on tutorial..
Hello,
try this:

Sass:
sudo chmod +x /usr/local/bin/clamsmtp_on_virus.sh

if the error persists please post the output of:

Code:
 ls -la /home/socialme/usr/local/bin/ |grep clam

I recomment this manual for ClamAV, it's in german, but I guess you will figure it out.

Hello,
try this:

Sass:
sudo chmod +x /usr/local/bin/clamsmtp_on_virus.sh

if the error persists please post the output of:

Code:
 ls -la /home/socialme/usr/local/bin/ |grep clam
Make sure there is a normal space, and not some weird unicode character, between 755 and /.
For some reason i tried today and the command passed without error, maybe fixed with restart?
I finish the last step but when i make run command now get that error:

For some reason i tried today and the command passed without error, maybe fixed with restart?
I finish the last step but when i make run command now get that error:
Which Linux-OS are you running?

For CentOS/Alma/Cloud

Code:
sed -i -e "s/^SafeBrowsing /#SafeBrowsing /" /etc/freshclam.conf

For other Debian based distributions:

Code:
sed -i -e "s/^SafeBrowsing /#SafeBrowsing /" /etc/clamav/freshclam.conf

Which Linux-OS are you running?

For CentOS/Alma/Cloud

Code:
sed -i -e "s/^SafeBrowsing /#SafeBrowsing /" /etc/freshclam.conf

For other Debian based distributions:

Code:
sed -i -e "s/^SafeBrowsing /#SafeBrowsing /" /etc/clamav/freshclam.conf
Im using :
VersionPlesk Obsidian v18.0.40_build1800211119.12 os_Ubuntu 20.04
OSUbuntu 20.04.3 LTS

Ubuntu is debian based..
Weird thinks,
I tried again today and i dont get errors,

So right now im using that command, rm /var/log/clamav/freshclam.log;/usr/bin/freshclam --quiet
is the right command or must use the : sed -i -e "s/^SafeBrowsing /#SafeBrowsing /" /etc/clamav/freshclam.conf

also how i can monitor the antivirus? i suppose that cant see anything from plesk right?

If you want to monitor your antivirus why you shoud delete your log?

To configure your clam right or set advanced settings for one run have a look at the manpage, basicly its man clamscan.

Back