• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved Plesk autoinstaller fails on git update

William Hudson

New Pleskian
I received two emails from the Plesk autoinstaller this morning, from two different systems with identical problems. They are both running Obsidian 18.0.20 update #2 under ‪Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS‬.

The log (attached) says the autoinstaller failed to update git. A notification when I log into Plesk says to email the log to support, but of course that isn't actually possible - especially if you're using the Web Admin edition.

I've made no attempt to resolve this myself as yet. Nothing on the systems has changed since the last successful autoupdate on 7 Nov.

Attachments

• plesk_autoinstaller_log.pdf
    41.2 KB · Views: 9
Hello,

This is likely race condition between Plesk updates and some system update process (i.e unattended-upgrades). To resolve this, you can just run update of Plesk manually, or ignore this (Plesk will retry to update extensions on next day). I create the issue to address such issues in Plesk (its id PPP-46130). Thanks for the report.

Thanks, Mizar. The Plesk update button is disabled in the GUI which is partly why I didn't bother trying to resolve it myself. I will just ignore it for the time being.

Back