• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk autoinstaller fails on git update

William Hudson

New Pleskian
I received two emails from the Plesk autoinstaller this morning, from two different systems with identical problems. They are both running Obsidian 18.0.20 update #2 under ‪Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS‬.

The log (attached) says the autoinstaller failed to update git. A notification when I log into Plesk says to email the log to support, but of course that isn't actually possible - especially if you're using the Web Admin edition.

I've made no attempt to resolve this myself as yet. Nothing on the systems has changed since the last successful autoupdate on 7 Nov.

Attachments

• plesk_autoinstaller_log.pdf
    41.2 KB · Views: 9
Hello,

This is likely race condition between Plesk updates and some system update process (i.e unattended-upgrades). To resolve this, you can just run update of Plesk manually, or ignore this (Plesk will retry to update extensions on next day). I create the issue to address such issues in Plesk (its id PPP-46130). Thanks for the report.

Thanks, Mizar. The Plesk update button is disabled in the GUI which is partly why I didn't bother trying to resolve it myself. I will just ignore it for the time being.

Back