• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk automatic app update

jnarvaez

Basic Pleskian
Is there any log of what apps updates Plesk automatically?

I'm having lot of problems with clients that their apps has been updated (and broken) but I cannot be sure if it has been Plesk, how can I verify that?

BTW, is it possible to completely disable this "cool" feature so clients cannot enable it?

Tools & Settings>Application Vault>Update Settings

Hi IgorG, I know that option but that does not completely disable the feature. Plesk Panel is still recommending the user to enable the automatic app update.

So, if there is no way to disable it. Can you explain where is this option in the psa database so I can make a daily cronjob to disable all applications be updated by Plesk?

Regards

I'm not sure but try to check APSCatalogUpdates table in psa database.

I'm not sure but try to check APSCatalogUpdates table in psa database.

That's wrong. It is on the apsInstancesParameters table.

I created this daily cronjob to avoid Plesk update applications and cause problems. Hope it can help someone.

mysql -u admin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` psa -e "UPDATE apsInstancesParameters SET value='false' WHERE name='forceUpdates' and value='true';"

Plesk, you should include an option to disable this feature.

Back