• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

plesk backup failing after MU#23

azurro

New Pleskian
after applying #23 pleskbackup fails on some domains with "Unable to create dump".

in verbose mode the psa_dump.log shows an XML Parser Error

Code:
[25284]: 13:32:52 DEBUG Exec: /usr/local/psa/bin/sw-engine-pleskrun /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/backup_restore_helper --backup-subscription domain.tld
[25284]: 13:32:54 DEBUG Unable to create dump: 
not well-formed (invalid token) at line 141, column 17, byte 7313 at /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/XML/Parser.pm line 187

the xml-line (141) it complains about contains garbage, but it is special character data (in my case umlauts in some comments) from ANSI-encoded(!) custom config files (vhost.conf, etc)
Code:
	# stark genutzter host (da mehrere sites gehosted, FcgidMaxProcessesPerClass h�� setzen)
	FcgidMaxProcessesPerClass 4

# test: extralanges timout f��ultiple file uploads.

QUICK FIX: all *conf files eventually containing special chars must be properly encoded (utf-8 without BOM)

SUGGESTED PLESK FIX: there is no need to parse these fields , backup_restore_helper should mark their content as unparsed character data CDATA,
(i guess this was the case before MU#23 since the error occured suddenly)

Last edited:
it is special character data (in my case umlauts in some comments) from ANSI-encoded(!) custom config files (vhost.conf, etc)

Unfortunately, I can't reproduce the issue.

Could you please share sample file and your OS version?

steps to reproduce backup issue with ansi-encoded *.conf files

Code:
:~ # cat /proc/version
Linux version 2.6.18-274.el5 ([email protected]) (gcc version 4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-50)) #1 SMP Fri Jul 22 04:43:29 EDT 2011
:~ # cat /etc/redhat-release
CentOS release 5.10 (Final)

Steps to reproduce:

1. create an ansi-encoded(!, for example on windows) vhost.conf file containing umlauts in the comments and upload it to the domains conf directory
2. try backup:
Code:
/usr/local/psa/bin/pleskbackup domains-name testdomain.at -c -vvvv
, it fails.
3. explore output from:
Code:
/usr/local/psa/bin/sw-engine-pleskrun /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/backup_restore_helper --backup-subscription testdomain.at
, umlauts are converted to garbage and cause the parser error.

unfortunately the forums attachment-manager does not work, all it's buttons are simply locked (tried on latest firefox and ie).
uploaded example vhost.conf and output from backup_restore_helperfiles at http://artistsunited.at/testcase.tgz

Thank you, I've reproduce the issue. It will be fixed it future microupdates.

Issue id is PPPM-1094

Last edited:
Back