• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk backup not working after 17.8.11 update 10

Nsowner

New Pleskian
Hi to all the community,

I am facing a problem today that i never had before. I am running a Debian 8.10 server with Plesk 17.8.11 update 10

First since a few weeks, when i was making plesk updates through the web interface, each time it was poping an error message like "plesk update failed", and when i refreshed the home page, the update was applied... never looked further into this as it was working anyway :)

And today after last update 17.8.11 update 10, i wanted to make a manual backup on my FTP backup server, but Plesk refused, poping me the error: The backup process failed: Some fields are empty or contain an improper value.

I tried to apply update again in shell but said that everything was up to date.
I tried to input my FTP credentials again, but nothing.
Since this last update, is Plesk waiting for a folder to be specified in the FTP parameters ? Cause i was saving directly to the root of my server as my hosting provider is not allowing any folder creation on it.

Has anyone ever faced this problem ? Would really like some help on this.... :)

Thanks in advance to everyone.

First of all, try to correctly complete Plesk update process with:

# plesk installer --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --upgrade-installed-components
# plesk repair installation

Hello IgorG

Thanks for coming by and helping me. I have new elements to bring today.

1/ My scheduled backup in Plesk went fine this night like every other night but still no way to make manual backups. Always same error message.
So Scheduled Backup = OK
Manual Backup = KO

2/ I saw an error in Plesk log this night so i am pasting it here just if you can have a look and tell if it's related (maybe totaly different) :

[2018-06-05 00:00:08.201] ERR [panel] Call to a member function getId() on null:

0: /opt/psa/admin/plib/pm/Client.php:111

pm_Client->getId()

1: /opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/advisor/library/Setting/Backup.php:98

PleskExt\Advisor\Setting\Backup->getServerBackupData()

2: /opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/advisor/library/Setting/Backup.php:33

PleskExt\Advisor\Setting\Backup->isServerBackupScheduled()

3: /opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/advisor/library/Status/BackupScheduled.php:64

PleskExt\Advisor\Status\BackupScheduled->isCompleted()

4: /opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/advisor/library/Status.php:74

PleskExt\Advisor\Status->getRating(boolean false)

5: /opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/advisor/library/Rating/Rating.php:82

PleskExt\Advisor\Rating\Rating->getRatingsDataForStatuses()

6: /opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/advisor/scripts/update-cache.php:5

[2018-06-05 00:00:08.202] ERR [1] Call to a member function getId() on null

3/ I have red on a forum someone that broke his website and plesk access after using the command you are recommending me :( Is there a real risk ? Cause i am working on a live woocommerce website here :/

Thanks for all your help ;)

Is there a real risk ? Cause i am working on a live woocommerce website here :/
I see no risk here. But if you afraid - you can ask the assistance of Plesk Support Team and they will fix this issue directly on your server.

I was just asking as someone reported a broken PLesk+Website Access after that command. He had to rename folders and modify things in is DB.

If i could, i would have asked Plesk support but the problem is that i am using Plesk Web admin provided by my hoster so if i understood correctly i can not use Plesk support in that case right ?

Yes i Know that link and it already confirmed that i must go through my hoster who provided me the License.

I am gonna ask them a full backup of my VPS before doing anything, just in case....

Thanks for your help, will keep the thread updated.

@IgorG

Ok so here i am back :)

I tried to contact my hoster but they don't want to assist in Plesk without me paying for supervising credits....

So i made a backup from my FTP and database backup from Plesk before doing your command. No changes unfortunately :(

I noticed something i never saw before in Plesk. I have 2 ways to access backup manager in Plesk :
1/ on the top right corner of the home page, inside the right side bar.
2/ From the Tools and Settings menu, backup manager

These 2 links does not lead me to the same URL, and i can schedule different backups in each one, with different FTP settings.... really strange.
The 2 links are as follow:

- https://myhoster.xxxx.net:xxxx/admin/backup/list/ (this is from the tool and settings menu)

- https://xxxxx.xxxx.net:xxxx/smb/backup/list/domainId/1 (from the home page right sidebar)

Is this normal to have these 2 different links ?
Do you have other advise to where i should look into ?

Thanks ;)

First link is server-wide backup system, available only for administrator.
Second link is personal backup system for subscriber/domain owner.

Ok thanks.

And any idea what i should do for my backup problem as my hoster does not even want to submit a bug report to Plesk, blaming me for doing the update wrong lol

@IgorG

Update: i ran both commands again just to be sure but nothing. Manual Backup still broken. Here is attached the few warnings that poped up when repairing plesk, in case it could be usefull.

Attachments

• repair warnings.pdf
    18.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
First of all, try to correctly complete Plesk update process with:

# plesk installer --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --upgrade-installed-components
# plesk repair installation

I have done both commands, 2 times, but nothing... so what could be next move ?

I'd suggest you contact Plesk Support Team if nothing helps.

I'd suggest you contact Plesk Support Team if nothing helps.

Like i told before, i can't because Plesk is provided by my hoster not directly by Plesk. And they don't wanna pass the problem to Plesk or opening a ticket saying that it is not a bug and i must solve it myself or pay them if i want them to have a look at my install.

I am willing to sove it myself but i am even not able to find the manual backup logs. Only scheduled backup logs are saved. I have red everything related on google, tried different commands and diagnosis, checked every log to find a hint... but nothing !

I am 99% sure that it's a bug and not a corrupt installation but i can not even report it to Plesk as this is not possible anymore if you re not a direct customer.

Yes but:

- Please be careful and do not submit any found problem with this template! : Bug is partially reported as Plesk bug with ID #PPPM-8700 but need to be documented more with our feedback

- Double check that it is really bug and you can reproduce it! : I don't have another test server, but that second user having the same problem could confirm the existence of a bug.

So i am respecting the rules and i am not gonna create a duplicate bug report. Feel free to use our feedback on both posts to document more this bug.

Plesk has finaly published a workaround and aknowledged the Bug.

For anyone interested here is the temporary fix:

For Plesk 17.8 hotfix is available:

1. Connect to the server via SSH;
  2. Back up /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/CommonPanel/Form/Backup/Subform.php file:
    # mv /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/CommonPanel/Form/Backup/Subform.php /root/

3. Download hotfix:
    # wget --no-check-certificate https://plesk.zendesk.com/hc/article_attachments/360007508753/Subform-PP-17.8-2018.06.13.tgz

4. Extracted it to /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/CommonPanel/Form/Backup directory as follows:
    # tar -xvzf Subform-PP-17.8-2018.06.13.tgz -C /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/CommonPanel/Form/Backup/
------ Topic closed -----

Back