• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Backup Questions

A

alpheus

I want to have individual backups of each domain on the server. Do I have to go into each domain to set this up or is there a global way to set a backup procedure for each domain individually from one location? I do not want a single backup for all domains.

Additionally, is it possible to have extract/access just the .sql portion of a single sites backup? If I only want to restore the database for example vs their whole site, I would like to be able to access the .sql directly vs restoring the whole thing.

I have backup manager setup right now and it's created a very large XML feed. I am really confused on how a feed can store files, and sql databases. Can someone please explain what the XML feed actually contains, what it backs up/restores, and if parts of the feed can be extracted vs using the whole feed?

Thanks!

It looks like I was able to answer one of my own questions after a find on the server via shell: /var/lib/psa/dumps is where mysql dumps are stored and looks like it works in conjunction with the settings with backup manager. So why is there an 800mb XML file + a 600mb sql file being stored? Isn't that double backup, or am I missing something?

Anyone? As pointed out in my own response, I found out where it stores the mysqldump's, but what about the httpdocs files or any of my other questions? Thanks!

Back