• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk Backup Restoration failed

Ricardo Renner

New Pleskian
Hello!

I have following problem -> when trying to restore a backupfile which was created with the normal backu manager I'll get the following error -> "Unable to import file as dump: Unable to convert dump to current format because it too old"

I'm trying to restore it with the Plesk GUI and not the command line. The backup it tried to restore is 2 days old

A few infomrations to the setup:

• Plesk Version: Plesk Onyx Version 17.5.3 Update #52
  • All backupfiles are stored on a different backupserver, they get uploaded there via FTP.
  • No backup gets saved locally on the server itself
  • Backups are secured with a password
Has somebody experienced similar issues or maybe a sultion for this? Could the problem be that the backups aren't saved on the Server locally?

Thanks in advance

What size is the backup and how much disk space is available in your new Dump temorary location? Did you restart the psa service after the change?

the fullbackup was made yesterday and has 52,7GB and the incremential one from today 2 AM has 954MB (which I tried to restore). So together they have roughly 54GB and the Dump temporary location has about 600GB free diskspace. Yes i restarted the psa service after the change

As I mentioned our backupfiles are saved on a remoteserver. the remoteserver is connected with webdav and mounted. Could it be that i have to adjust the "DUMP_D" path to the webdav folder aswell?

I am lost in this. If an external server is mounted, why is it considered a "remote" server? Should it not be "local" then? What has Webdav to do with it? Normally, externally stored backups are restored via FTP or FTPS. Are you trying something different?

Has your temorary directory sufficient read/write permissions? Is it an ordinary directory or partition on your local server or some special extra non-standard configuration with something like an external drive?

I mounted our backupserver ( with webdav) to our pleskserver so yeah you're right it is "local" now. Also I set the "DUMP_TMP_D" path to a folder on the mounted backupserver to have more than enough free diskspace. And yes the backups are stored via FTP. I only mounted the backupserver to have more than enough free diskspace for the new tmp folder.

The new tmp folder permissions are 755 and everything runs with the root user

I think that Plesk does not support Webdav mounted devices. Have you tried to place the temporary path on a true local partition?

Ok after trying to restore it a few times I checked the pmmcli.log completely again and found following line:

== STDOUT ====================
Converter error: Converting dumps from Plesk version less than 9.0 is deprecated

Any as I said the backup is running on a plesk version 17.5.3 and I forgot to mention I'm using a multiserver setup but that shouldn't effect the restoration right? - why does plesk think the backups are from a plesk version less than 9.0?

Last edited:
Back