• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Backup / Restore Survey

Sergey L

CTO Plesk
Staff member
Hello,

We are looking for how to make Backup / Restore tools of Plesk better match typical usage scenarios. We will appreciate if you could fill this short survey.

If you would like to share more thoughts, just post them here and include your name in the survey.

Looking forward for your feedback.
Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
What I missed in the survey was the question:

would you like to use incremental backup systems.

Of course the best way to take load off the server and disks.

Why is this not in your list?

I am currently using 3rd party apps to do backups because Plesk takes too much resources to do a normal backup (if it works at all)

But very positive you are investigating and working on the 'weak' part of Plesk.

Bastiaan

Hi,

We had no doubt incremental backup would be very welcome, thus didn't include in the survey. :)
Thanks for completing the survey!

Right now I have to. RAGE.

Dear Sergey,

Honestly I really do not like to do this. But I have to. Before you delete my post I did fill in your form on Google Docs. Hope you like it :]

This is happening now. So I understand.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_flare

This is my F*** RAGE moment guys.
http://cheezburger.com/View/5965435136

If you have any, really any questions please mail me. If you find this insulting also PLEASE mail me.

Thanks and have fun. By the way I have screenshots. [Dutch Screenshots].

VeryGood Regards,
MikeRadian

By the way... Forgot to PRESS 'alt + print_screen' please forgive me.

Attachments

• plesk_issues.zip
    386.3 KB · Views: 6
Mike, I see you are having some troubles. If you calm down and tell us a background of those screenshots - which configuration you have, what were you doing prior to the problem occurred and other staff common for a problem report, then it probably can be helped. This topic describes the information we normally need for effective assistance.

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

OS Microsoft Windows 6.1;build-7601;sp1.0;suite1296;product3
Panel version 10.4.4 Update #21, last updated at Mar 8, 2012 09:48 AM
The system is up-to-date; last checked at Mar 11, 2012 02:33 AM

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION AND STEPS TO REPRODUCE

1. Find the domain (Demaroni.nl).
2. Open tab "Websites & Domains".
3. Click the button "Add New Subdomains".
4. Subdomain is "helpdesk". Docroot is "subdomains/helpdesk/httpdocs".
5. Press button OK.

ACTUAL RESULT

All kinds of annoying things that don't work.

EXPECTED RESULT

Subdomain is created.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Let me make one thing clear. "I don't have any problems; you have.". Please do not be offended it was not meant that way.

Really what I mean. Why do I need to explain you how your own product works? Yet again, please do not be offended it is just a question.

Better luck next time :D

MikeRadian

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

OS Microsoft Windows 6.1;build-7601;sp1.0;suite1296;product3
Panel version 10.4.4 Update #21, last updated at Mar 8, 2012 09:48 AM
The system is up-to-date; last checked at Mar 11, 2012 02:33 AM

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION AND STEPS TO REPRODUCE

1. Find the domain (Demaroni.nl).
2. Open tab "Websites & Domains".
3. Click the button "Add New Subdomains".
4. Subdomain is "helpdesk". Docroot is "subdomains/helpdesk/httpdocs".
5. Press button OK.

ACTUAL RESULT

All kinds of annoying things that don't work.

EXPECTED RESULT

Subdomain is created.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Let me make one thing clear. "I don't have any problems; you have.". Please do not be offended it was not meant that way.

Really what I mean. Why do I need to explain you how your own product works? Yet again, please do not be offended it is just a question.

Better luck next time :D

MikeRadian

Problem is fixed. Thanks Plesk for the mail!

Note:
I really like your products and you have the only 'Web Admin' tool I like. You just got to many haters. Could you please turn them into friends? World peace guys :D

Lucky you, we have been migrating a server from Plesk 9.5 to Plesk 10.X for about 8 to 10 months now (lost track of it now). We have like a gazillon errors for each account we can migrate. There are about 50 accounts left in the server. Is there any way we can get any help with this? Does Plesk offer migration services or anything like it? We are already more than willing to pay for which should be a basic functionality of the panel, just migrating the accounts to the new version. We r not asking for anything fancy here.

Dont ask for the errors, we have too many different erros to keep track. iweb also says that they will relay the bugs n problems, but im already doubting they are doign nothing but stall.

Please, if any of you guys at Plesk read this, just think how many hours we spend already at this n send me a short email, wont take more than 5 mins.

Question Migration

Hi, Im have this situacion, i need migrate my Parallels Plesk Panel 10.2 old server, to Parallels Plesk Panel 11.0.9 new server, the problem is i cant use the tool migration, because is a lot information (300GB) and the conextion is for WAN 20MB , so im try to use the backup manager and put this files in my new server but, when i try to upload this files in the new server show the message: "Unable to upload 'PleskPanama_info_1206281128.xml.zip' to server repository: The file you are trying to upload is not a valid backup file" (I test this files in the old server, and upload is good)

Who is the best way to make a complete backup offline, copy this in usb drive and restore in my new server?

Thanks for your help

Very strange plesk backup error

Hello

for all my domains I am getting below error while taking backup using backup manager :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<execution-result status="error">
<object name="server" type="server">
<message severity="error" code="KeyNotFoundException">
<description>The given key was not present in the dictionary.</description>
</message>
</object>
</execution-result>

Any suggestion >

Plesk backup Survey.

I have 10 server with all versions and I usually take backup manager option to take backup of domain backup manager is not for entire server backup because it's use my server all resources.

Plesk need to look this issue in the high priority.
If you use ftp option and your server goes down. LOL

Back