• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Backup/Restore

C

Cykaos

When you run the plesk backup from the start menu there is an option to not suspend domain operations during the backup.

My three questions are:

1) What exactly is the benifit to stopping the domain while there is a backup? Does the backup not backup files or databases that are in use or is it just more likely that the backup will be succesful if there is nothing running? Will it still work if the domains aren't disabled during backup kind of like when windows tells you to close all other programs to install something when most of the time it will work even if you don't close everything else.

2) Is is possible to not disable domain operation while using the scheduled backups from plesk. I know it creates a job in the scheduled tasks folder with all sorts of parameters about domain etc. Is there a paramtere I can add to not shutdown the domain while it backs it up?

3) I read some posts about how the backup just backs up the domain settings and plesk settings but not the actual files. I've read other places that it backsup everything in vhost and all your databases as well as the domain and plesk config settings. So anyone know for sure? Does the plesk backup utility back up all the files for my website or just the config settings?

I would love to know an answer to these questions as well. The manual does not give very good information on this matter :eek:

and I'd love to know why it doesnt restart Apache after turning the domain back on.
I have to manually do this.

Backup - Restore.

All days I did full-backup in the Plesk 7.5 Reloaded. The dump take all, web configuration each domain, mails of each domain, mysql database of each domain, it´s the best in backup policy. I haven´t have problems with this appplication. Take time like 2 hours the full-dump.

And the restore takes 5 hours, it´s slow but restore all, it´s good. We have no problem and get succeed in the end all services are up, (it´s rare the problem with the Apache)

Jorge
SAntiago - Chile

Back