• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Backup

C

ChrisO@

Hi

When I try run scheduled backups every night they fail. I use the backup.exe utility. The backups start at about 2:00 AM and when I go to the office at 7:00 AM it is still running. I then have to stop the process since every Plesk service is stopped and my clients are complaining. Is it normal for the backup to take this long there is 150 domains on the server.

One of my other servers (Running Plesk 7.6.1) the backup send a notification email saying :
Backup error.
Error in execute ''<xxdomainnamexx>' --get-subdomain-performance "--vhost-name=<xxdomainnamexx>" "--subdomain=blog"':
Site <xxdomainnamexx> doesn't exist

When I try to schedule a backup to a shared network drive it also fails and I get a backup notification email that says : Invalid username or bad password, but when I do the backup manually to the network drive it works without asking for a password.

Is there any way around these issues or does anyone know of a third party backup solution that works well
:confused:

Originally posted by ChrisO
One of my other servers (Running Plesk 7.6.1) the backup send a notification email saying :
Backup error.
Error in execute ''<xxdomainnamexx>' --get-subdomain-performance "--vhost-name=<xxdomainnamexx>" "--subdomain=blog"':
Site <xxdomainnamexx> doesn't exist

Seems sub-domain's site blog does not exist in IIS. Please create it.

Originally posted by ChrisO
When I try to schedule a backup to a shared network drive it also fails and I get a backup notification email that says : Invalid username or bad password, but when I do the backup manually to the network drive it works without asking for a password.

Please try to give write access on this share folder for user "Plesk Administrator"

Back