• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Plesk bans my own IP address

Techtoox

New Pleskian
Plesk bans my own IP address.

Currently, my public IP address is always banned by Plesk. I have numerous Wordpress installations and when I want to call up a Wordpress installation, my public ip address is immediately added to the banned list. But I don't quite understand why that is. I can log into my Plesk server normally, but I can no longer call up the Wordpress installations because my IP is banned every time I try.

I already googled, but unfortunately couldn't find anything to explain why my own public IP address was banned. Could someone help me here?

Product: Plesk Obsidian 18.0.34 Update #2, last updated on April 6, 2021 12:18 AM

System Security
IP Address Banning: On
ModSecurity: On

This can be avoided by adding your IP address to the Fail2Ban white list. It's the default on Obsidian, but needs to be done manually once on Onyx.

To add, check your logs. First check f2b to see which jail banned you. Then check the logs of that jail. (modsec if its modsec, access logs if its wp, postfix if postfix, etc)

Back