1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

plesk base package and api update fails - debian

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by perler, Sep 16, 2005.

1. perler

perler Guest

hi,

yesterday i found that there are new packages for plesk base and api are available. but updateing fails. here's what the autoupdater email says:

Package 'psa-api-cli' of version 7.5.4-debian3.1.build75050830.11 is installed
    Other version 7.5.4-debian3.1.build75050902.09 of package psa-api-cli available in product conf file.
    There is older version of psa-api-cli installed, update is available.

package psa-api-cli (file /PSA_7.5.4/deb_Debian_3.1/base/psa-api-cli_7.5.4-debian3.1.build75050902.09_i386.deb) is added to Necessary install list because user asked to install 'Base packages of Plesk'

but later it states:

E: Version '7.5.4-debian3.1.build75050902.09' for 'psa-api-cli' was not found
    psa is already the newest version.

what should i do?

PAT

2. death

death Guest

Hi PAT

what does dpkg -l | grep psa say?

If you have installed apt-show-versions (if not, install it with apt-get update; apt-get install apt-show-version), you can check the state of your Plesk installation with:

apt-show-versions -r -p psa*

Knd rgrds Stefan

3. perler

perler Guest

# dpkg -s psa-api-cli

Package: psa-api-cli
    Priority: extra
    Section: non-free/net
    Installed-Size: 232
    Maintainer: <info@sw-soft.com>
    Architecture: i386
    Version: 7.5.4-debian3.1.build75050830.11
    Depends: psa-7.5.4, psa-api-common (= 7.5.4-debian3.1.build75050830.11)
    Description: Plesk API CLI
    Plesk API provides the Plesk management interface for applications.
    This package provides the command-line utilities for controlling Plesk.

# apt-show-versions -r -p psa-api-cli*
    psa-api-cli 7.5.4-debian3.1.build75050830.11 installed: No available version in archive

the original error message looks for me like, that psa doesn't have the new package for psa-api-cli on their servers - right?

PAT

4. death

death Guest

The Plesk autoinstaller which i downloaded and runned yesterday, installed psa-api-cli

build75050902.09

So maybe getting the tar.gz archive from the dl section and installing the package with dpkg -i psa-cli*deb might help.

But it is also dangerous ;) You have been warned.

5. perler

perler Guest

or i could at least chec=kl if the file exists a all. but where is the download area for these packages?

PAT

6. death

death Guest

7. death

death Guest

Searched a bit and found the plesk repository:

http://autoinstall.plesk.com/PSA_7.5.4/

Don't know if I know get killed by sw-soft. But they might remove that link, if they don't want it here ;)

8. perler

perler Guest

ok thanks.. the psa-api-cli_7.5.4-debian3.1.build75050902.09_i386.deb seems to exist.. strange..

PAT