• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Plesk beginner questions

pleskbeginner

New Pleskian
Hi,
I am not very experienced with Plesk Onyx, so I an hoping that someone will be able to answer my (perhaps very basic!) questions please. Apologies if I do not use the correct terminology, but I will try to explain things as best I can.

1. I have multiple domains set up in Plesk, some of them just redirect to what I presume is the main domain (is there any way to confirm this?). However, I cannot see how these domains are redirected. For example, say I go in to hosting settings for www.test.com, the Hosting Type for 'Website' not 'Forward'. I read up on this, and it seems that this is where I would change a setting to redirect www.test.com to another domain. So how come, when I browse to the www.test.com domain in a browser, the primary domain is opened instead, if forwarding is not set up in Plesk for www.test.com?

2. The primary domain (let's call it www.primary.com) is actually hosted in Azure. In the DNS records, I can see a TXT records with subdomain.primary.com as the host, and the value is the azure website URL. All my domains have been replicated on another server by our hosting provider, but as this particular domain is not hosted on the actual server, primary.com has not been replicated on the new server by our hosting provider. There is an A record, and the value for it is the IP address for Azure, and the host is also subdomain.primary.com. If I open the primary domain through Plesk, it correctly opens the primary domain website. I'm unsure what I need to do to move this domain over to a new server. Our hosting provider has not been helpful thus far regarding this request. And obviously, I don't have too much knowledge in this area! Does anyone have any experience with this type of set up? It was all originally set up by my predecessor, and that person is unavailable to ask questions.

Thanks in advance!

Back