• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated and is no longer available for installation on the current Plesk release (18.0.63).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, the extension will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan and the deprecation FAQ.

Question Plesk behind nat and multiples public ip adress

vincent.jls

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
ubuntu 22.04.4
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hi,

Is there any risk to run plesk behind mutliple public nat ip adress ?
I'm facing some migration issues and i need to transfer a lot of website from one plesk to another, but i couldn't manage the dns record migration for theses websites.
I've aready test this solution with two public ip nat to one private, everything seems to work correctly.
But maybe there's something i missing...

Thanks,

I you share a bit more details about your setup? How many servers with Plesk do you have running exactly?

Hi,

I'm running dozens of plesk servers !
I have a router/firewall with all my public IP, each plesk server is exposed to internet with a nat/fw rule.
My goals is to move a lot of websites (cutoff migration) without any intervention in the customer dns zone of the websites (one website per client).
To achieve it i plan to sync website from my source plesk server to another one, and modify my nat rules to forward the traffic on the new one.

I have try this config and everything seems to be ok, but in plesk i can only map one public ip, so i'm little worried.

Thanks,

Attachments

• Capture d’écran du 2024-07-19 15-05-42.png
    Capture d’écran du 2024-07-19 15-05-42.png
    45.4 KB · Views: 11
Hi ExPx,

Below the plesk support response :

Jul 22, 2024, 09:12 CDT
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Plesk Technical Support. My name is Alex Movergan and I'll be working with you.

Overall having plesk behind NAT comes to correct mapping of IPs i.e. public->Private. But architecturally it only supports 1-to1 mapping:
Running Plesk Behind a Router with NAT
https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...k-when-the-server-is-behind-a-router-with-NAT

The area where it can affect Plesk functionality is DNS. However, if you manage DNS externally and use Plesk for hosting only, you can use the proposed configuration.

Should you have any specific questions, please let me know.

Because of 1-to-1 mapping, it seems not possible directly. I will try to add an extra local IP and map it to other public IP.

Back