• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Plesk Bind master + PDNS slaves zone transfer

Andriy_Martynyuk

New Pleskian
Hi guys,

I'm experiencing the situation with zone transfer to PDNS slaves.

// $Id: named.conf,v 1.1.1.1 2001/10/15 07:44:36 kap Exp $

// -- THE FOLLOWING LINES WERE GENERATED BY PLESK. IF YOU MODIFY THEM, THEY WILL BE OVERWRITTEN WHEN THESE SETTINGS ARE MANAGED IN PLESK UI. --
options {
allow-recursion {
localnets;
};
notify yes;
also-notify {
SLAVE_IP_1;
SLAVE_IP_2;
};
listen-on-v6 { any; };
version "none";
directory "/var";
auth-nxdomain no;
pid-file "/var/run/named/named.pid";
};

key "rndc-key" {
algorithm hmac-md5;
secret "<key-here>";
};

controls {
inet 127.0.0.1 port 953
allow { 127.0.0.1; } keys { "rndc-key"; };
};

zone "." {
type hint;
file "named.root";
};

zone "0.0.127.IN-ADDR.ARPA" {
type master;
file "localhost.rev";
};
// -- END OF LINES GENERATED BY PLESK. --

// -- PLEASE ADD YOUR CUSTOM DIRECTIVES BELOW THIS LINE. --
// ...
// -- END OF YOUR CUSTOM DIRECTIVES. --

PDNS have slave=yes enabled and works great with PDNS master server I also have.

But, as written by PDNS community:
For example, if you use ns1.solcon.nl as primary NS-record you need to
have ‘ns1.solcon.nl’ as the nameserver-record in de supermasters-table.

So I've added a small script to crontab updating supermasters table every n minutes:
#!/bin/bash
#Update PDNS Slave servers
pleskIP="plesk_IP"
DNSServerlist="slave_ip_1 slave_ip_2"
domainslist=`grep "zone" /etc/named.conf | grep -v "\(ARPA\|arpa\)" | awk -F\" '{if(NR>1)print $2 '}`
for i in $DNSServerlist; do
for count in $domainslist; do
domainns=ns.$count
echo "INSERT INTO supermasters (ip,nameserver) \
SELECT * FROM (SELECT '$pleskIP','$domainns') AS tmp \
WHERE NOT EXISTS (SELECT nameserver FROM supermasters WHERE nameserver = '$domainns') LIMIT 1;" | mysql -u pdns -h $i -pdecafoumookeness pdns
#echo $domainns $i
done
done
/etc/init.d/named reload
namedconfcheck=`grep "notify yes" /var/named/chroot/etc/named.conf`
if [ "$namedconfcheck" != " notify yes;" ]; then
echo "Please check /var/named/chroot/etc/named.conf to be sure all SLAVE DNS get updates" | mail -s "`uname -n` WARNING: named.conf \"notify\" not present" [email protected]
fi

It successfully updates supermasters table but does not send zone updates.
But when I do /etc/init.d/named restart all records are transfered. But restarting bind just by crontab is not a good solution...

So I've thought maybe you could help me with finding of domain creation script so I could modify it to run my script before it restarts Bind, or maybe drive me to other solution.

Thank you.

You can try to call

# /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/dnsmng --update domain.name

or

for i in `mysql -uadmin -p\`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow\` psa -Ns -e "select name from domains"`; do /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/dnsmng --update $i; done

for updating and transferring zones of all domains.

Back