• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk change my subdomain DNS entries

yannickm

New Pleskian
Hi,

I have a brand new godaddy dedicated server behind a firewall.

I can create a webspace and default webpage works as desired.

the problem occurs when I create subdomains, DNS entries (10.0.0.1) are added automatically under the good ones. I have to remove them two or three times a day because it prevents access to those websites, directing to 10.0.0.1 instead.

here's the answer from godaddy support :

"We have noticed this occurring after Plesk updates on servers with firewalls. The issue is that Plesk can only see the internal "10.0.0.X" IP addresses, but your zone files need to have the external IP (50.62.130.128). When Plesk performs an update, it tries to fix invalid settings and changes what it feels is an invalid IP address (the external since it does not know of its existence) to the internal. As of yet, there is no fix for this, but there are some mentions on the Plesk forums of this issue. As we were able to verify that this was the case on your server (Plesk update log shows last activity was on the 28th at 3am server time), we updated all zone files to change from the internal to the external zone files. This work was done as a one-time courtesy, and you were not charged for this review. Future work will still be charged the standard fees."

many thanks in advance for your help guys !!

PR

Attachments

• 10-0-0-1.jpg
    10-0-0-1.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 7
Back