• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk Control Panel search and specific pages/actions are extremely slow, while website works fine.

Sesamins

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Centos 7
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hi, I've been using Plesk since 4 years, I've never changed Plesk Panel settings, I own only 1 website that has an heavy traffic, the website doesn't seems affected by this issue, the problem poped out 3 days ago, I decided to update Plesk to the latest version: 18.0.56, unfortunately the issue is still there, I tried to restart the entire server, checked the panel.ini, debug is off.

The load are standard 25% average CPU, 7 to 10 server load, RAM in use only 15%, I have a 12 cores 24 threads CPU with 128GB RAM, it's a dedicated server with 10GB port and in average I use 100MB/s, it has 2 SSD (1NVME where plesk and the website run, 1 SATA where the images are stored) there are 50 to 100 writes per second and 100 to 200 reads per seconds according to Plesk Monitor.

The stats have been the same all this time so it doesn't explain why this problem popped out of nowhere.

The issue affects only Plesk control panel, in more detail the search function, it take 20s to 40s to do a single search in the settings, while before it took average 5s, another issue is with the monitor page, it takes 3m at best to fully load it with the stats, while before it was 30s at max, other pages seems to be working fine, I saw that to load the website settings in Website & Domains it takes 30s when it was taking max 5s, I don't know why but some specific pages takes too much.

I'm using MariaDB 10.5.22, I was thinking on upgrading it to 10.11, but I'm not entirely convinced, like I said I'm using the same settings and setup since a long time, nothing changed.

I was wondering if anyone knows what should I check to diagnose this issue, thanks.

We have the same issues and didn't change anything, but the Plesk Update. We analyzed the logs, there is no DDOS or higher volume of traffic. It must be an plesk issue. We checkt all consistency, but didn't find any hint on a change.

@karsten_de1970, no it does not have to be a Plesk issue. I have thousands of accounts on the Centos 7.9 with 18.0.56 #4 and do not see the same issue. If it was a general Plesk issue, it would show on such configurations not only in single, specific environments.

I recommend opening a ticket with Plesk support so that they can individually check the issue on your server.

Check the /etc/resolv.conf file.
If localhost (127.0.0.1) is not in the first place then change that.
If you are already using dynamic addition to resolv.conf, the default option on server providers, then make sure that the first place is 127.0.0.1. You can achieve this by editing the files in /etc/resolvconf/resolv.conf.d/ in the head file add entries:
nameserver ::1
nameserver 127.0.0.1
I have spent a lot of time to come to the conclusion that if you have a foreign server entered and it is slow or with restrictions, the whole plesk panel works slowly and even can fail to work.

Back