• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk CP Login: PleskMainDBException, no connection

rohankleem

New Pleskian
---------------------------------------------------------------
PRODUCT, VERSION, VERSION OF MICROUPDATE, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE
Plesk 10.4.4, Windows 2008 R2 64bit
Unsure of microupdate ref because can't login but receive microupdate notice before this:
Parallels Panel was successfully updated.
To view the list of changes, visit http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/PP10/whatsnew-redirect.htm?platform=windows&locale=en-US.

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

On trying to visit Plesk Control Panel Screen, receive error:
ERROR: PleskMainDBException
No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

0: common_func.php3:637
reconnect()
1: common_func.php3:600
db_connect()
2: auth.php3:129
ERROR: PleskMainDBException
No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

0: common_func.php3:637
reconnect()
1: common_func.php3:600
db_connect()
2: auth.php3:129

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
visit https://elure.co:8443

ACTUAL RESULT
See above

EXPECTED RESULT
Login screen

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
--------------------------------------------------------------

It is MySQL server related issue. Usually these type of issue occurs when port is not specified in "my.ini" file. But may be and other reasons. InnoDB database may be corrupted, for example. If you can't fix MySQL server by yourself - contact Support Team.

Contact what support team? What do you mean InnoDB database may be corrupt? Other sites are running MySQL DB (with type InnoDB and are running - thank God they're not dead!)....

It's the Plesk Control panel which has shot itself in the head, and again after what seems to have been a micro update ( I say again, because Plesk 10.4.4 seems to have a problem at every turn).

Last edited:
Name of Plesk database is psa. Check why it is not accessible.
I meant Parallels Support Team.

I have been told by Parallels that I cannot be supported and that the server company who acts as the reseller must be contacted. So it doesn't really leave me with many options, does it?

One of the co-incidences here is that if I had have had a response to my problem about getting plesk backup about a week ago (http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=98058&highlight=save+disk+backup), I may actually be in a better position. As it turns out I have a Plesk panel that won't work, no support, and no backup due to the product not being able to supply one.

Is there any more information that can be provided? I know it may be convenient for you to provide short answers, but it is certainly not convenient for me or my clients (who's website control panels are stuffed). Any further help would be appreciated.

Back