• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Database

DemonLee

Basic Pleskian
I understand the Plesk Database is in MySQL and called 'psa' and that it stores everything set within the Panel Admin, however I would like to be able to log into this database remotely via Navicat in order to create scripts to make bulk changes, such as changing the nameservers for hosted domains...

Can anyone advise me please on how this is done?

I have spent an hour searching, but no joy.

Thanks.

Igor, I know how to access a Database within Navicat for a domain that I host, but that is not what I asked for...

What I am looking for, is access to the PARALLELS PLESK database via Navicat... that is the database I believe is called psa ? It will contain everything I view via the Plesk Control Panel

Now, using Navicat, I need the host address (which I have) but I need the username/password and name of database to connect to.

Igor, maybe I am missing something somewhere....

I have Navicat installed on my server, I have admin acccess to the localroot main MySQL database that contains all the databases for wordpress etc, there is no database in there for plesk or anything called psa...

So, where is this database if it is NOT in the main MySQL on the server?

Does plesk run off another copy of MySQL installed elsewhere on the server?

Check that you have psa database on Plesk server with

# mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow`
Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MySQL connection id is 748
Server version: 5.0.77 Source distribution

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the buffer.

mysql> show databases;
+-------------------------+
| Database |
| information_schema |
| apsc |
| atmail |
| billing |
| horde |
| mysql |
| phpmyadmin_Fnulx2qIaXdQ |
| psa |
| sitebuilder5 |
| task_manager |
10 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql>

Simple use following details to connect psa db
hostname :- your server ip
port 8306
username :- admin
and plesk password as password.

Simple use following details to connect psa db
hostname :- your server ip
port 8306
username :- admin
and plesk password as password.

Thanks InderS, I have tried that with Navicat, can't get a connection, I have sent a support ticket to the Hosting Company Support Team to find out if Port 8306 is available or open as normally we would use 3306 for MySQL Databases.

Demon

normally psa db is assigned to port 8306 and it need to have admin password of your plesk panel. You can try using same details on server it self. Might be remote mysql is not enable for your server.

Back