• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk default page showing when www used in URL

T

Tweezy

Hi,

Firstly I apologise that there are similar posts to this already - I know because I've read most of them! However, none seem to resolve my problem.

I'm using Plesk 10.3.1 and my domain http://bully-watch.co.uk displays fine but when I try www.bully-watch.co.uk we get the plesk default holder. I'm running this on a VPS and the hosts have told me to add an A record to the DNS. Research showed this to be a mistake and I added a CNAME instead but after 48 hours it still seems to have no effect.

I have read that I should be able to check a box next to my domain and press modify button to turn on www prefix but the check box is greyed out and there is no modify button.

My provider have advised me I will invalidate my support if I upgrade to plesk 10.4 so that isn't an option even though they don't support plesk themselves (Don't ask, please, just dont!)

I have another domain on the same server, www.tweezy-online.com, which works fine with and without the www. I did wonder if this was because this is the default domain for the IP but then I have a third domain, tweezy-online.co.uk which is also default and that has the same problem as the bully-watch.co.uk which is set to (unlimited) instead.

Please, can someone tell me why I can't get this simple thing to work?!

Back